How to get still photos with Nikon video?

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I made a simple vid with my D3100. Is there a way to get still photos from the video footage without having to buy any fancy video editing software?

Thanks

Pause the video and take a screenshot.

Windows has a video editor - MovieMaker. You can grab a still shot from that.

Not in Windows 10 though, but Microsoft said on their website its no longer supported but you can download it if you really want it. haha.

Hey, I started some of my youtube videos out in Windows Movie Maker on XP!

I use Sony Vegas Pro and that has a frame grab but don't use it much.

Gom Player has a really nice screen capture utility. You can capture multiple frames and you can change format of the files and quality.

GOM Media Player. The only media player you need - for FREE

Not in Windows 10 though, but Microsoft said on their website its no longer supported but you can download it if you really want it. haha.

Gom Player has a really nice screen capture utility. You can capture multiple frames and you can change format of the files and quality.

I hope Windows 10 doesn't use those Apps. I have those Apps on my Win8.1 system and they are very rudimentary and lack functionality in about every way for all their apps. I wish I could just delete them because Windows every so often makes them the default app to load, and I have to reset them.

I hope Windows 10 doesn't use those Apps. I have those Apps on my Win8.1 system and they are very rudimentary and lack functionality in about every way for all their apps. I wish I could just delete them because Windows every so often makes them the default app to load, and I have to reset them.

Nah Windows 10 doesn't have any of those legacy apps anymore. But there are a lot more useless windows store apps now! Which I guess you can remove via powershell which I have done, but it doesn't do anything, they are still there!

Most reactions

Back