how to get the best photos from iPhone 4S

When you get to the top of the mountain, use your iPhone and call someone to ask them why you didn't bring a better camera.

+1

Then take a pic and throw the whole phone over the side
bigthumb.gif

If you are wanting really good quality images, I wouldn't recommend the iPhone 4S. Apple are great, but they certainly haven't cracked the digital camera.........yet!

Don't you have other photography equipment like a DSLR?

TBH, I don't think any app on the iPhone will help you take great photos. Plus, you probably want to be taking RAW images as well and to the best of my knowledge you can't do this with the iPhone 4S

Bitter Jeweler said:
Well, what do you want?

I saw some photos on net were taken by iPhone 4s and they look so good. I want to get same result from my phone but I really cannot make it.

A lot of the GOOD Iphone shots you see also have a lot of Post Processing done to them. Amazing what you can do in Photoshop! :)
Perhaps, but even so you can take some really good shots with just the basic camera app. Just a matter of knowing the camera you using and how to use it, not necessarily having a great expensive camera.

Here are a few, unprocessed photos, I took using the default camera app on the iPhone 4S:
$IMG_0070.jpg$IMG_0098.jpg$IMG_0359.jpg

The opinion of what are of 'really good shots' is a moving target.

I was noticing the exposure and white balance variances in the 3 posted phone camera examples.

Last edited:
Use the HDR function.

Most reactions

Back