How to hang your bag to your Manfrotto 190 tripod

batmura

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone tell me how you guys hang your bag to your Manfrotto 190 tripod so as to make it more stable? The centre column on my tripod has no hook or I can't find it. How else do you secure the tripod in windy weather?

There is a loop on the side of the tripod at the top. It's on the spider part that holds the legs. I usually keep a bungee cord in my camera bag and hook it to that loop and to my bag.

Craig, hmmm. I'm not sure I understand how exactly you do it. Could you post a photo sometime? I just don't see why there is no hook under the centre column. Also, may I ask why you made the switch from the 7000 to the 7100? Is the image quality better on the new one? I never shot with the 7000, so I'm curious.

A quick trip to the hardware store for a 3/8 coupler, J-hook and machine nut.... BAM! Problem solved!

DSC_6023.jpg

DSC_6022.jpg

Thanks! I am torn between those two models, but I think the pro may be too big for me. Any idea how it compares to Lowepro's AW400?

Craig, hmmm. I'm not sure I understand how exactly you do it. Could you post a photo sometime? I just don't see why there is no hook under the centre column. Also, may I ask why you made the switch from the 7000 to the 7100? Is the image quality better on the new one? I never shot with the 7000, so I'm curious.

There are actually 2 places to hook a weight:

hook1.jpg

hook2.jpg

I normally use the second one with a bungee cord. Just hook the bungee in that ring.

I didn't switch to a D7100, I added a D7100. I still have both and plan to keep them both since they compliment each other quite well. The controls are more or less in the same place, they use the same batteries and memory, and both do an excellent job.

The D7100 is better but not by a huge amount. More resolution, slightly better sharpness due to not having the filter on the sensor assembly. There are a few things about the D7100 that annoy me but I'll get accustomed to them eventually. I've shot with the D7000 for 18 months and the D7100 for about 10 days so there is a little bit of a learning curve.

Thanks! I am torn between those two models, but I think the pro may be too big for me. Any idea how it compares to Lowepro's AW400?

Other than being spelled differently, I really can't help you. I needed a pack, so I lugged all my gear into the camera store and played around with what they had on the shelf until I found one I thought would work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back