crls_santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
b11334139e32cc64e007db969ad56284.jpg

2a8f4872a19bf2c648f989d5601a2ee6.png

9587f9537c9a21e495a882439d089b65.png

--------
no signature

I have found that if there are two extremes that you cannot decide on, the best solution is a compromise.

Save. Flatten. Layer. Decrease opacity or change the channel modes. The issue is that you have something you like in both images, but it's not present in other other.

Don't know what is meant by "equilibrium in postprocess" but I do like the first one, the second color is just wrong. The third is a good idea but a little busy for my taste.

don't add fake glow to one image and not the next.

thank you for comments, my biggest problem is how to find a balance between natural look and 'photoshopped', and when i asked people they gave me feedback - some like this style, some another - conclusion is - if i do for client i should ask what style they like and do that.
i have created few galleries, who wants to help me choose 5 pictures from them to put on website as portfolio? i will sent pm with links, thank you again

--------
no signature

woa. cute. that great !
:bouncingsmileys:

Judging by these last two you presented I would say this:
As a portrait photographer, you have a vision that you want to achieve. A person will hire you for your final product. I wouldn't deviate from what you do as your vision, your way of shooting. If someone is going to hire you, but wants a different final product that you currently deliver, why would they hire you? Why not find someone that processes the way they like?

I'm getting to this ; don't change your vision for a customer. Do what you do and stay true to that. Personally, the final two images you posted are 10X better than the first 3. It's the way they look. The first 3, honestly, snapshot quality. Both of the final 2 are very good, and possess a 'signature' to them, yours. This should be why folks hire you ;)

just my 2 cents :76:

i cant believe what i am reading above; big big thank you, excellent source of motivation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of what was just said above is true, but maybe in a different sense. There is a very successful professional on here that talked about this. He said "His style, his processing is his product. He's worked hard to develop that look, and is clearly represented in his portfolio. People retain him because of his product."

It's like if you go to a Chevy dealer and say I want that model but I want a Ford grill. In photography as in any product, differentiation in a competitive market is what brings in sales. Just be sure to stay abreast of trends, so if you need to "change the grill" you can make adjustments.

Don't know who she's thinking about, but they are a lucky person! Even her pupils are dilated. I like the processing and believable pose of this last one.

Most reactions

Back