how to make a HDR look like this ????

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this has a very different look compared to the HDR photos i have made. maybe it is the editing software i don't know but i love this look and have not been able to duplicate it. i have the corel paint shop pro X6 ultimate, i am not sure if that editing program could do this kind of hdr or not. of if you need to get the exposures just right or what.

http://exxx2005.deviantart.com/art/subaru-HDR-4-79164461

Last edited:
That's a pretty cool shot. Lots of post processing. I suspect the car, or parts of it are, the original photo layered over or under the HDR version and masked so it appears without much of the HDR effect. With true HDR, you have multiple exposures which can be a problem with moving subjects. If you have a raw file, you can process it a few times to get files to feed to the HDR engine. Or, you can just feed in a single photo and play with the sliders to get the HDR luminous look.

Why not send a message through Deviant Art to ask the author how it was done?

Some might argue that's not HDR. They may have pulled in highlights and brought up shadows to give the image more of a visual dynamic range, but what I see is mostly tone mapping. There's no way that was anything other than a single exposure, and most purists will argue you're not getting an HDR without at least 3.

Tone mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Step 1: buy a 04 spec subaru impreza wrc car
Step 2: find a dirt road in Argentina
Step 3: learn to power slide

Step 1: buy a 04 spec subaru impreza wrc car
Step 2: find a dirt road in Argentina
Step 3: learn to power slide

Step 4: Take cool action photo
Step 5: Process the he11 out of it.

Yep that is tone mapping probably in Photomatix.

Single JPG processed into multiple images with different contrast and brightness settings combined into a single image. The final processed image is then layered with the original unprocessed version and layer masked to get the version you see in the link.

This process is very effective when their is a lot of cloud or in this case sand particles.

That looks like a pseudo-HDR made from a single exposure.

The mid-tone contrast (Clarity) is jacked way up, and the vibrance has been boosted some.

One can get that look pretty easily using Adobe Camera Raw - ACR.
Photoshop Camera Raw and the Lightroom Develop module both use ACR.

PHOTOSHOP TUTORIALS: SIMPLE HDR WITH ONE CAMERA RAW IMAGE |

Note the somewhat hazy result in the above link caused by the massive increase in mid-tone contrast.

thanks for the tutorial link.., ill have to give that a try some time.

i think taking one image and changing the exposure a few times and putting them together is still HDR, at least in my opinon..

Most reactions

Back