How to make prints

dumpweed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently had someone ask for a print of one of my pictures. I have no idea how to go about this. They said they want it big too. Whats the cheapest way to go about this, but also getting good quality (the age old question isn't it).

Well the first concern imo would be, how big can you go without starting to see distortion & loss of detail? What size did you shoot at?

If there's Costco near you, I highly suggest them, their printing is actually very nice and not too expensive, either.

I was gonna get a 16x20 done at cosco but there site and me did not work well together. I heard good things about adoramapix AdoramaPix - Home, It was a little more money I think but its on the way and I can update you when I get it. I also did Mpix a few years ago and they did great work. The site will let you know how big you can get your photo done by the size of the file. Make sure to set image size to 300dpi.

My prints came out extremely blurry at 12x18 and 16x20. The pictures were 2000x1600 and 300dpi ...what went wrong?

What camera did you shoot this pic with? Look up Genuine Fractals software.

You can print 5x7 at 300dpi unless you up rez. You can do 16x20 at 100dpi. At a good viewing distance that would be fine, assuming the pic isnt rubbish to begin with.

Ctrl + P = ENTER :lmao:

Send it to a pro print lab and ask them what's the largest they can print that image w/out any quality loss.

My prints came out extremely blurry at 12x18 and 16x20. The pictures were 2000x1600 and 300dpi ...what went wrong?
Did you make the print on an inkjet printer, or did you upload it to a lab?

300dpi for a non-continuous tone printer resolution is paltry.

Dpi and ppi are not the same thing, and the terms are not interchangable.

A 2000 px X 1600 px photograph printed at 20" x 16", would be at 100 ppi, not 300 ppi,and printed 18" x 12" woould be at 111.11 ppi.

A 2000 px X 1600 px at 300 ppi would only be 6.67" x 5.33".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back