How to Photoshop Layer Masks and Adjustment Layers with Photography

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

In this video I go over layer masking, adjustment layers, and some rendering effects with brush work as well.

The final image is here: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7...e231fc88_b.jpg
I shot this with my Canon 5D Mk ii and used my canon 50mm 1.4 lens. I then edited it with Adobe camera RAW and Adobe Photoshop CS6.

I will be making more tutorials in the future about the basics of Photoshop and how I go about using the simplest of tools to make my photos look outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video is out of focus?

Video is out of focus?

Its a screen recording so the compression of the video is going to play a big part of how it looks.

I do with more people would ether set there display to a proper video resolution when doing screen recordings or use a screen recording software that zooms into a proper video resolution and then follows the mouse around.

are you watching it in HD?

Depending on the device the user is viewing it on HD may not be an option. For example Im on my iPad and when I attempt to view your video there is no HD option.

But perhaps one of the best things you can do to make it look more crisp is set the screen resolution to a proper standard video resolution before doing a screen recording.

are you watching it in HD?
My image editing computer display has more resolution than HD video is capable of, and it's blurry.

+1 to what Light Guru said. You could work on the audio too. Many people today, young and old, have less than perfect hearing.

Most reactions

Back