How to process/develop

Hobbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there. I recently got lucky and got 100 35mm rolls of film so I decided to experiment with my dad's old camera. Anyway, I'm kinda confused about scanners. If I buy one of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-4400F-Scanner-1306B002/dp/B000HDWZLC/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228982367&sr=8-2"]these[/ame], would that be all I need to do everything myself? If I need something else, then what is it?

I'm completely new to this and have no idea where to start. Help would be appreciated.

Well, taking the word "everything" at its most expansive, you still need to have the film developed. The scanner won't do that for you (though I suspect you know this). It will allow you to scan the developed negatives/slides, though I can't speak to the quality of the scans.

if you want to do literally everything yourself, you'll need to get basic darkroom "stuff" (e.g., changing bag, film tank, chemicals, etc.).

HTH.

-Dan

If you are going to be scanning film, you will probably be better off with a dedicated film Scanner.

And for more info on developing your film there is a great sticky thread in the 'Darkroom' portion of this forum, located on the main page a couple of links down from this forum. Also a better place to post a 'developing' or 'processing' question.

It might be color negative film...he didn't say.

Most reactions

Back