How to Remove Glare

Darstus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My son surprised me with a session with a photographer. I just wanted a picture of all of us together. I was so disappointed to find that the ONLY picture she took of us had a glare in the upper right corner. Unable to get the picture taken again. I would love to know how to fix this, if possible. We have asked a couple of photographers but they didn't know of a solution. Am attaching the picture. Thanks for any advice.
Family 2015.JPG

"Brush on" additional clarity and Brush on" a bit of burn tool in Lightroom. Might take three to five tries to get it to look its best. It is not an impossible fix, but it is not a one-click fix either...

My first thought was to desaturate the cyan and then boost the clarity or contrast but then the sweater ends up a different color and there is still a faint purple ring around the cyan. It's beyond my skills that's for sure.

I hope it wasn't a paid gig. That's a pretty amateur mistake.

What a fine-looking family!

My son surprised me with a session with a photographer. I just wanted a picture of all of us together. I was so disappointed to find that the ONLY picture she took of us had a glare in the upper right corner. Unable to get the picture taken again. I would love to know how to fix this, if possible. We have asked a couple of photographers but they didn't know of a solution. Am attaching the picture. Thanks for any advice.

Sorry that happened to you.

Joe

family-2015.jpg

Sadly it was a paid job. Derrel thanks for the info but I have no clue. What is Lightroom? I found this forum when I googled how to fix..... I am not a knowledgable photographer, just for fun but was hoping to find out if it could be fixed.

Oh Joe!!! Thank you so much. Amazing. I am in tears right now. I can now have this framed finally. Oh my. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Joe that was a wonderful thing to do and you feakin nailed it. Darstus, nice photo and I know how hard it is to get everyone together. Looks like you brought it to the right place.

Oh Joe!!! Thank you so much. Amazing. I am in tears right now. I can now have this framed finally. Oh my. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You're very welcome. Again I'm sorry that happened to you -- I was in part motivated by shame as the incompetent bleep gives us all a bad name.

Joe

Dang Joe that's amazing! How did you do that? I played with but I couldn't anywhere even close to that. You're the man! No joke you could do an instructional video on that. If I never saw the original I wouldn't know that corner had a flare in it at all. Unreal...

Joe that was a wonderful thing to do and you feakin nailed it. Darstus, nice photo and I know how hard it is to get everyone together. Looks like you brought it to the right place.

You're very welcome. Again I'm sorry that happened to you -- I was in part motivated by shame as the incompetent bleep gives us all a bad name

Joe
I agree Joe--YOU FREAKIN' NAILED the fix! Outstanding correction from what I assume was a no-lens-shade-shoot-right-into-the-sun blunder. I agree..a BAD dual-flare (LLC + URC) is an (almost) un-forgivable mistake.

You're very welcome. Again I'm sorry that happened to you -- I was in part motivated by shame as the incompetent bleep gives us all a bad name

Joe
I agree Joe--YOU FREAKIN' NAILED the fix! Outstanding correction from what I assume was a no-lens-shade-shoot-right-into-the-sun blunder. I agree..a BAD dual-flare (LLC + URC) is an (almost) un-forgivable mistake.

Thanks, praise from you is always flattering. Whoever paid for that deserves a refund.

Joe

Dang Joe that's amazing! How did you do that? I played with but I couldn't anywhere even close to that. You're the man! No joke you could do an instructional video on that. If I never saw the original I wouldn't know that corner had a flare in it at all. Unreal...

Thanks guys.

Joe

I have been playing around in Photoshop with this with out the results I was looking for, well done

Most reactions

New Topics

Back