How to remove something?

HailttRedskins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How would I remove a certain thing from an image, for instance the image below I want the man out, how would I go about doing that?

047.jpg

Its possible to remove small things like twigs from a shot but I have a feeling that man might just be beyond removal -- you can try, but I don't think it will work -
some advice:
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/photoshop-cloning_retouching.htm

only way I can think of is to remove him and change the background - that blue car he is standing infront of would be very hard to recreate accuratly. There is just not the data in the image for what is behind him -- good luck trying though.

Yeah, to get rid of that guy would require alot of painting and cloning. It would take forever and still look bad. It would be easier to replace the whole background. Do you have another shot with a similar background? I could give you a quick example if you want.

Thanks, I'll have to try I suppose, though it looks like you are right about this one :(

hmm you could paint and clone the area around the legs - the tarmac = and then roughly clone the upper parts - getting the right colours mostly. Then you could use the background blurr technique on the site I linked - that might let you blurr the background enough so as to not matter that the detail of the car and trees is missing

How about roughly painting & cloning, then blurring it so that it looks like bokeh (ie. blur > lens blur)?

Oh, sorry. I just read the last post y Overread. Repeat!

I would definitely replace the background. The man would be very hard to take out as you would have to paint the car in the background as well as the trees. Great photo otherwise. The man does ruin it, lol.

I also would try to mask out everything but the car, then past the car on new layer over another back ground.

You could cut the car out and move it to the left also... here is a very quick edit doing just that... With a little more effort, you could clean it up a little more.

047edit.jpg

Great thinking Yardism!
Just a little cloning out of the shadow for the leg maybe (little more clean up as you said)

Most reactions

Back