How to start a professional photography business overnight...

Funny.. it says FREE Photography tips at top.. and then charges money for the videos! I would call that SPAM if it had been posted by someone that would financially gain from this. Are you making money off it, Kerb?

This is a smart MWAC... she realizes this is an easier way to make money than delivering crappy photos! Take advantage of all the other MWACS! Typical BS.. you don't need skill, just a camera with AUTO! lol!

Funny.. it says FREE Photography tips at top.. and then charges money for the videos! I would call that SPAM if it had been posted by someone that would financially gain from this. Are you making money off it, Kerb?

This is a smart MWAC... she realizes this is an easier way to make money than delivering crappy photos! Take advantage of all the other MWACS! Typical BS.. you don't need skill, just a camera with AUTO! lol!

I actually saw it posted on facebook from Missy Mwac. She's fun to follow...especially if you like Bacon.

Just to be clear, I don't recommend anybody pay money to this site, or any other, in the hopes that it will turn you into a pro overnight.

I just thought it was a humorous claim...kind of like the pill that you put in your gas tank to allow it to run on water.

I have the secret to making a million dollars. Mail me a $1 and self addressed stamped envelop and I'll send you the secret.

I am shooting a wedding tomorrow, so I might as well hop on this while the night is young!

imagemaker46 said:
I have the secret to making a million dollars. Mail me a $1 and self addressed stamped envelop and I'll send you the secret.

He's full of it! I have the real plan, and it only costs 99 cents!!!!

imagemaker46 said:

If I buy both, does that mean I will make two million?

imagemaker46 said:

You guys are clearly bargain basement. Anyone who's anyone knows you gotta spend money to make money, and knowledge is highly valuable. Clearly, if what you have to offer is only worth $1 (or $.99), then what you are offering is crap.

I have much higher quality information available for $10.

:)

Just so it's clear, I posted your site as an example of what not to do. Maybe it's your catchphrase that throws me off, but all too often, we see a guy pick up a new camera and the next day they are a 'professional photographer'. Your site seems to claim to be able to turn somebody into a professional overnight.

If it took you two years to create and is actually something worthwhile, it's not something that somebody is going to pick up overnight.

Personally, I find that claim a bit pretentious. I do, however, appreciate you joining to give your side of it.

Maybe your site is the best thing since sliced bread...and maybe, just maybe, there really is a Nigerian Prince out there that wants to send me a bunch of money.

Hey guys- I'm Bethany, the owner of the Photographer Overnight site. Just found this pingback to my site and wanted to know what the conversation was about. "Photographer Overnight" is just a catchy phrase for the way I broke into the industry so fast. I'm not sure why people assume it's a "get rich scheme" because of the name. I offer tons of free tutorials on the site, if you look around, you might actually like them. I don't teach people to point and shoot on auto. I take beginners who are using auto, and show them how to really use their camera and get better pictures. But there are so many programs out there teaching people how to take better pictures, I thought it was unique that my program goes beyond that by teaching people the business aspect of photography, and how to actually get out there and get photo sessions. There are a lot of people taking great pictures, and they aren't getting paid for them. I show people how to start making money out of their hobby. Thanks for sharing my link, Kerbouchard. I don't know him, and he's not associated with the site so obviously it's not spam. But thanks for starting a conversation about the program because I'd like people to know it's not some scheme to take people's money. This program has been 2 years in the making, and a lot of sweat and hard work on my part. I legitimately want to help people take their photography hobby and turn it into a career, and everyone I've helped has been extremely appreciative.

Last edited:
Quite facinating, thanks!

Is there a web site where we can look at the images that you have shot? It's all well and good to lay down a bunch of words, anyone on this forum could do that, but few would have the images to back it up. Maybe just a cross section of what was shot two years ago and more current images would be great. You must have had a background in photography before you picked up a camera two years ago and suddenly became a professional with clients instantly.

Most reactions

Back