How to take picture and review in Laptop right away??

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I see in youtube where they're shooting portrait pictures and the camera is connected to a laptop and right after each shot, they can review the image on their laptop. How do I go about doing this? I don't even know what term to search for on google. I have the Canon T1i. If anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

They are most likely tethering or possibly RF.Here is a link to google that may help you.

Google

Look in your owners manual. I don't know if the T1i supports it, but it is called tethered shooting (controlled through the Canon software that comes with your camera). My 30D and 7D both can do it, but I'm not sure if the Rebel line does.

I looked online at the T1i manual and can't find a reference to tethered shooting -- it's probably not supported.

I would have guessed that the T1i would have the similar software to my Rebel, and one of the options when I plug the camera into the USB cable is:
G0055291.gif

And the remote shooting option puts me right into a tethered mode. Both cameras have live view, which seems to be what the tethered mode is based on.

My first generation older-than-dirt cheapy 300D can do it. I'd be really surprised if your's can't.

I don't remember the name of the software. It should be on the disc that came with your camera. I don't have the disc for mine any more and I had to reinstall windows after a hard drive decided to self destruct. All I remember is it's Canon software, not 3rd party and it let you set the camera's settings through a mini USB cable. Once the picture was taken, you could have it saved, or opened with the software you specified. I found a really good tutorial on how to set it up. I'll see if I can hunt it down.

I would have guessed that the T1i would have the similar software to my Rebel, and one of the options when I plug the camera into the USB cable is:
B794B4F7E6387A51036E5BF8E2FFF1B8BDFD8897_large.jpg

And the remote shooting option puts me right into a tethered mode. Both cameras have live view, which seems to be what the tethered mode is based on.

That's it!! It works great too!

Thanks guys. as said in original post, "I don't even know what term to search for on google" I wasn't sure what it was called. I didnt know if the first reply was to a certain link through google or just pointing me to google's website, but yes I did use google and found all the info. It can do it if the old 300d can.

on a side note, if anyone has any issue answering a simple question, just please ignore it. It's REALLY that simple.

you should have a cd that came with your t1i that is some software so when you plug your camera into the usb and open up the program you can take pictures with your camera from your computer

Thanks guys. as said in original post, "I don't even know what term to search for on google" I wasn't sure what it was called. I didnt know if the first reply was to a certain link through google or just pointing me to google's website, but yes I did use google and found all the info. It can do it if the old 300d can.

on a side note, if anyone has any issue answering a simple question, just please ignore it. It's REALLY that simple.
If you read the materials that came with your equipment, you wouldn't have needed to ask in the first place.

You're posting in a public forum so you will have to take the good, right along with the bad. It's REALLY that simple.

If your camera is capable of tethered shooting (and, from the discussion, it appears that it is), I believe Lightroom 3 can control it as well.

I don't think pbelarge was trying to be a jerk. If you hover over his link, he does have "camera tethering" as search parameters. For some reason they are not getting passed to google.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back