How to take this photo? Suspended straps?

ewsnb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

Just wondering how the photos are taken of backpacks with suspended shoulder straps in the air. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post links.

How does the backpack stand up like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
One simple way to do it would be to lay the pack on a horizontal plank so the straps hung down. Then just rotate the photo. ;)

You could also attach fishing line to the strap to pull it into shape.

Hang it upside down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What is a good way to hang backpacks?

No one mentioned the use of a ghost? :D

I want it to look as if it is suspended by ghosts, so I do not want to use a model, so what is a good way of doing this? I just want to showcase the backpack, no models.

I want it to look as if it is suspended by ghosts, so I do not want to use a model, so what is a good way of doing this? I just want to showcase the backpack, no models.

A solid color plastic clothes hanger, something that is say green, purple, etc... a color that won't be something you'll see on the product or in the background. Then you can select by color in photoshop, and use the content aware fill and touch it up a bit to remove the clothes hanger from the picture.

Either that or perhaps a high strength fishing line of some sort, less editing but more work setting up each shot.

It's funny, the straps on my packs will hold that shape naturally.

LAST WARNING! Do not post images which are not yours!

how is it possible your backpack holds this shape naturally? But this is the type of image I want to take for a backpack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks eerilly similar to the photo on this page...

Nike Backpacks | Academy

By the way...my backpack straps also stay like that unless you push them down and lean them against something or lay it down. They are just naturally semi rigid.

If you need to, you can use strings, wires, etc. by just painting them bright neon green and using chroma key techniques to remove what you don't want.

Last edited:
You don't even need to chromakey it. Removing support wires in Ps is pretty quick and straight forward.

True, but less fun. :) Plus you get to learn something for your film making.

Most reactions

Back