how to use both film and didgital cameras?

vin88

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this i would like to know. i hope i have posted this thread in the right place. vin

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum.

Also, you will need to be much more specific about your question.

Your question is too vague to answer.
You need to be more specific.
The more specific the question, the better the answer will be.

this i would like to know. i hope i have posted this thread in the right place. vin
Do you have a camera now? What type is it?

If you do not now own a camera, are you intending to purchase one?

If your question is centered on how to use them "both together", or alternate between them, you may have to inform us as to any difficulties you are having.

how [sic] to use both film and didgital [sic]cameras?
Put negative or positive film in a film camera.
Make sure the exposure is set where you need it and that the image is focused.
Release the shutter, advance the film so the next frame of film is ready to be exposed. Rinse & repeat.

Make sure the digital camera battery is charged and that there is media in the camera to record the digital file (memory card).
Release the shutter.
Rinse & repeat after you verify the memory card still has space to record another digital image file.

It can get confusing. I sometimes think my camera is broken because the shutter will not fire and then remember to wind-on the film. I have also been known to chimp the film camera, but I am not going to admit to that.

I think that the OP is on the verge of an interesting question, but he needs to add some detail

To use film camera: Load with film. Install lens. Go shoot.
To use digital camera: Load with memory card. Install lens. Go shoot.

how [sic] to use both film and didgital [sic]cameras?
Put negative or positive film in a film camera.
Release the shutter, advance the film so the next frame of film is ready to be exposed. Rinse & repeat.

Make sure the digital camera battery is charged and that there is media in the camera to record the digital file (memory card).
Release the shutter.
Rinse & repeat after you verify the memory card still has space to record another digital image file.

thanks. it will take some time to find my way around the forum. vin

If your question is centered on how to use them "both together", or alternate between them, you may have to inform us as to any difficulties you are having.
ill be more specific; I have vintage cameras, used film for years and now using a Nikon L-30. I need more training in digital use. vin

ill be more specific; I have vintage cameras, used film for years and now using a Nikon L-30. I need more training in digital use. vin
Don't know a lot about that particular camera, but in general digital cameras tend to behave much like film cameras except that you have the added benefit of ISO adjustments to your exposure decisions. Also, the post processing is DIY with digital, so you need to spend quality time learning a few basics there.

Digital either point, shoot, blast away, delete 999, keep 1.
Or treat it like a film camera and use it the same way. Difference being you don't have to wait to get the film back from the lab.

The Nikon L-30 is what most consider a "point and shoot" digital camera.
This is to say that its designed around the idea of pointing the camera at the subject, letting Auto focus do the focusing and then taking the shot; letting the camera work out the settings itself. It features "scene modes" which are casual common situations that optimise the settings for those situations.

So for example there will likely be a sports mode (camera aims for fast shutter speeds); a macro (smaller aperture); no flash etc...

ISO is normally user controlled through the menus, so you've got that to play with and some point and shoots do let you adjust settings manually, though its often through menus so its somewhat slower than on an SLR camera.

In general read the manual for the camera through a few times and then go out and shoot; these kind of cameras are designed to be a bit like polaroids - point and shoot and instant results

Don't know a lot about that particular camera, but in general digital cameras tend to behave much like film cameras except that you have the added benefit of ISO adjustments to your exposure decisions. Also, the post processing is DIY with digital, so you need to spend quality time learning a few basics there.
too many favorite 35 mm film cameras. when i quit' using film, I was loading 9 and 12 exp. camera test rolls and " quicky shoots". I will go back if I can get the right film. also using the digital for "quicky" shots. vin

Most reactions

Back