How Was 2005 For You?

?

• Total voters
danalec99 said:
I refuse to accept a 'bad' year. Every year, month, day, hour, minute, second is special. If you think you had a bad year, look at folks who are less fortunate than you are. You just had the best year!

This year moulded me a lot in many ways. It was good. I know 2006 is going to be splendid for me and for all of us :thumbup: . I'm a hardcore optimist.
You're awesome, Daniele. :hug:: That is a fabulous attitude.

I went through a very tumultuous year indeed, but yes - I am still standing, still healthy, as is my immediate family. My house has not flooded and I have gainful employment.

So, can I count my blessings but still say 2005 sucked? :lol:

i voted average because i'm more or less in the same position as last year and the year before, except older. :grumpy:

bought a 20d though, so that's a bonus :thumbup:

danalec99 said:
I refuse to accept a 'bad' year. Every year, month, day, hour, minute, second is special. If you think you had a bad year, look at folks who are less fortunate than you are. You just had the best year!

This year moulded me a lot in many ways. It was good. I know 2006 is going to be splendid for me and for all of us :thumbup: . I'm a hardcore optimist.

You're spot on Dan :hugs:

I voted that this year has been a good one. I moved to the other side of the world, got engaged and have been totally spoiled in love by the most amazing man, who I can't wait to marry ( ok the mush is stopping ).

Moving here to Toronto meant pulling myself out of my 'comfort zone' so to speak. I left a job of nine years and my family and friends but I found my adopted family here also :heart:

It's been an awesome year for me so far and still has the chance to be even better if little Evelyn comes before the end.

I also agree with Daniel. Any year that you can reply to this thread is an awesome year.

danalec99 said:

In some cases, yes I am fortunate however in some of the basic meanings of life my year crashed and burned.

I went through some fairly sucktastic times this year...but I'm still voting that it was a good year. I still have every one of my loved ones that were around when the year started, and I'm still here. I have a roof over my head that didn't get destroyed by a hurricane, earthquake, or tsunami. I have food, and I have a job (two, recently downgraded from three, by my own choice)...I wake up every morning next to the man that I love. I'd say that's a good year. :goodvibe:

Every year holds its share of good and bad. It's called life. I was never promised 365 days of bliss and to have sunshine and rainbows, you gotta have some rain. Granted, there are days of downpours, but those are learning times. They build character. I may bend, but I'll never break.

My kids, though full of teenage angst and pre-teen brilliance, are all healthy and as happy as all their angst will let them be at this point. My husband and parents (and our gargantuan extended gang) are all good ... so I can't complain. The things I'd like to complain about are things I can change and fix, so '06 looks to be full of even more opportunities!

As long as I can look back on the year and compare it to the previous year ... all I need is to find one thing that I improved or changed for the better .... that one thing is all that matters.

(and I'm fortunate to have aprilraven as my best friend. who could ask for more?!)

it was great!
I got to university!
I met people from TPF!
I improved in my photography!
I started to take photography very seriously!

Most reactions

Back