How would YOU crop it?

OscarWilde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a LOT of open space, and I'm not sure how I would like to crop it... so i thought I would put it up here and see how others would crop it!

The seagull was going so fast I was paying more attention to panning and focusing than framing :lol:

6984466890_5946d36699_b.jpg

I'd probably crop it with a row of peas, two rows of squash, some pumpkins and maybe cucumbers. Oh, don't forget tomatoes.

Seriously though, I'd prefer the bird to be flying into more open space, rather than having it nestled on the right side of the frame. It would be impossible to crop w/o loosing a ton of resolution, unless you increased the canvas size to the right and cloned the sky into that area. Just a thought...

I'd probably crop it with a row of peas, two rows of squash, some pumpkins and maybe cucumbers. Oh, don't forget tomatoes.

Seriously though, I'd prefer the bird to be flying into more open space, rather than having it nestled on the right side of the frame. It would be impossible to crop w/o loosing a ton of resolution, unless you increased the canvas size to the right and cloned the sky into that area. Just a thought...

18530862.jpg

Did you mean something like this for your crop?:
7130592159_cc7485de1e_b.jpg

YEEEEEAH DOGGGG.

That's pretty much Ed Zachary what I meant.

I personally would crop it just off-centre (left or right) with more blue at the bottom than the top (like a picture is framed to keep the weight of the frame/mount at the bottom. Nice shot!

the bird is moving forward, give him/her space to fly as in your second crop, yes. Personally I'd prefer to see some background to give context to the bird's flight. ;)

Yeah I would agree about the background context :p Unfortunately the gull was a bit above my head so only sky could be behind... and not so unfortunately the day was absolutely beautiful; so no clouds! I just needed it to fly a bit lower!

And in these pictures it is better to change the sky, as usual ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back