How would you crop this?

Sodak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_1208_0423.jpg

I thought it would make for an interesting desktop at work. Guess what? I'm not a professional photographer. :wink:

I crop the the LH side of the image so that it starts with the sharp bottle second from left, and maybe some of the really fuzzy ones image right.

Yes, the sharp image should always be the one in front.

skieur

I crop the the LH side of the image so that it starts with the sharp bottle second from left, and maybe some of the really fuzzy ones image right.

IMG_1208_0423-1.jpg

Better?

I'm going to be the contrarian here and offer a version cropped on the right.

IMG_1208_0423.jpg

This version puts the subject where it should be for a photograph of this kind.

That being said, it's unfortunate that you didn't move the drug that appears completely blurred on the left-hand side.

That being said, it's unfortunate that you didn't move the drug that appears completely blurred on the left-hand side.
Yes, I agree. I just happened to have my camera along for another reason and decided to snap off a few. I should have thought about composition more, and I think I'll retry it. I like your crop though, mine seemed to hack off too much.

Last edited:
I agree with the idea about the original photo. I think it looks fine just as it is. I think it looks interesting to see the focus somewhere out a little bit.

Btw, I use my photos for desktops all of the time.

I agree with invisible......
Crop it from the right......
The reason being that the image relies on shallow depth of field.
That's why the image is interesting.
But the focus is on the left half , the shallow depth on the right trails off pretty far.
We get the idea at about three quarters of the way to the right the rest becomes redundant. BUT....to give this image a nice balance, the focal fall off on left is critical.
If we crop the left all the way to the sharp bottles we loose balance.
Photoworkshop

Yes, the sharp image should always be the one in front.

skieur

You are so, so, SO, so wrong.

In fact, people like this should stop trying to hand out advice.

Wrong advice is worse than no advice anyday.

I agree with the right hand crop...:thumbup:

I might even go a step further and say to straighten the tops of the caps a bit, as if they were a horizon line, and bring the bottles in closer to the viewer..

IMG_1208_0423.jpg

Most reactions

Back