Howdy, from Texas!

Marvigal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is "Marvi" and I'm very happy to have found all of you! I have a LOT of questions and hope to benefit by all of the accumulated experience and wisdom here. I am pretty much a newbie to dslr photography, and have made the jump (more like a death-defying leap) from a Nikon Coolpix L810 to a Nikon D7100. Now I am wading through "Menu World" trying to get the camera set up. Since the Nikon manual is so hard to follow, I purchased another very user-friendly manual and am now having good success at getting the camera set up. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your community here!

Last edited:
Welcome from Texas... I'm also fairly new to this forum.

I purchased my D7100 just before Christmas, coming from the D80. Not quite the leap you're taking, but enough differences I, too, looked at sources other than the manual.

I purchased both of these in Kindle edition.

Nikon D7100 - From Snapshots to Great Shots, John Batdorff

Mastering the Nikon D7100, Darrel Young

I found that together they were just what I needed.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

My name is "Marvi" and I'm very happy to have found all of you! I have a LOT of questions and hope to benefit by all of the accumulated experience and wisdom here. I am pretty much a newbie to dslr photography, and have made the jump (more like a death-defying leap) from a Nikon Coolpix L810 to a Nikon D7100. Now I am wading through "Menu World" trying to get the camera set up. Since the Nikon manual is so hard to follow, I purchased another very user-friendly manual and am now having good success at getting the camera set up. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your community here!
Welcome from Texas... I'm also fairly new to this forum.

I purchased my D7100 just before Christmas, coming from the D80. Not quite the leap you're taking, but enough differences I, too, looked at sources other than the manual.

I purchased both of these in Kindle edition.

Nikon D7100 - From Snapshots to Great Shots, John Batdorff

Mastering the Nikon D7100, Darrel Young

I found that together they were just what I needed.

Looking forward to seeing you around.
Hi, Zen1300!

I got my camera just before Christmas, too, as my Christmas present. Reading the owner's manual was like trying to read Chinese, so I ordered the same book you did from Amazon, Mastering the Nikon D7100 by Darrel Young. I found it to be an outstanding book. It took me a while to get through all the menus, but it's been worth it.

Howdy & Welcome!!
Hi, Snerd!

Thank you for the welcome! I like your picture and your saying! Hope to see you monkeying around!

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back