Howdy

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Just found your forum and decided to sit and stay a while. :)

Amature photographer that dabbles into quite a few different formats. 35mm up to 4x5lf. Nikon and Canon digital slr's as well. I still shoot film along with digital. I process at home as well with a Jobo processor. I no longer have an enlarger, but want to get one again. But have no space for it at the moment.

I loved photography since a young kid and must have picked it up from my father. Even though they divorced and moved away when I was very young. For a time he owned his own photo store after their seperation. I have not consistantly been at it. Mostly in big cycles. Lots as a young kid, not so much in high school, but again in college. Then when I first started work got I out again. And now for the last 6 years or so, into it more than ever. Probably my most favored hobby, though not the most consistant one. I still consider myself in the learing stages. And ultimately would like to change careers to it as I get older (and hopefully wiser).

I have been somewhat active in a Canon and a different Nikon board and am looking for something different. They are so afraid to mention the competitors equipment it's really starting to bother me. So I was on the search for a site with alot of information but not brand specific (information on all, not just bashing the other).

So I will be hanging out. Wasting my employers time, hopefully learning more for my planned escape. :)

Welcome to the forum! We have lots of members who shoot both film and digital, plus lots of darkroom and print developing enthusiasts, as well. You're in good company here. :)

Hope to see you posting your images soon. Have fun!

welcome to tpf, i haven't stumbled across a better forum yet... i don't think you can beat it, especially the amiable atmosphere... So... what kind of Jeep does Ben have? '01 wrangler here... no lift yet though, my photography obsession takes what little spare $$$ there is... :mrgreen:

lookin' forward to your pics... and wasting my employer's time as well while doing it... :thumbup:

Jason

JTHphoto said:
welcome to tpf, i haven't stumbled across a better forum yet... i don't think you can beat it, especially the amiable atmosphere... So... what kind of Jeep does Ben have? '01 wrangler here... no lift yet though, my photography obsession takes what little spare $$$ there is... :mrgreen:

lookin' forward to your pics... and wasting my employer's time as well while doing it... :thumbup:

Jason

Well my name should really be plural. We have 4 currently. Down from 5. :) Too many to count in the close family. 82' CJ-8 needs help, 88' Grand Wagoneer runs better than it looks daily winter driver for her, 93' YJ daily summer driver for her, and an 00' TJ (the big toy, lifted too high, tires too big, but lots of fun). :mrgreen:
My daily driver is a 04 hemi ram. :)

benhasajeep said:
Well my name should really be plural. We have 4 currently. Down from 5. :) Too many to count in the close family. 82' CJ-8 needs help, 88' Grand Wagoneer runs better than it looks daily winter driver for her, 93' YJ daily summer driver for her, and an 00' TJ (the big toy, lifted too high, tires too big, but lots of fun). :mrgreen:
My daily driver is a 04 hemi ram. :)

:thumbup:

my uncle has a '74 CJ-5, buddy's has an '80 CJ-5, cousins got an '89 YJ, my grandfather has an old Willys he has rebuilt several times, I drove a '92 YJ while in school until I drowned it and it caught on fire all in the same week, then got the '01 TJ. Wish I had the $$ for a nice 4" lift and some 33s, & maybe a winch... oh well, maybe i'll win the lottery... my daily driver is an '87 Camry! :lmao:

Welcome Ben to TPF.

Most reactions

Back