Hows this sound?

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Rebel K2 on the way with a 28-90mm lens (crap). In a month o so I'll be getting a Digital Rebel XTi body and a Sandisk extreme III 1 GB card. I will have about $500 (can) left so what should I buy? Heres a few options I'm thinking of:

Option 1: Lowepro computrekker AW bag and a canon 430EX flash

Option 2: 50mm f/2.5 macro (1:2)

Option 3: 50mm f/1.8 and a cheap zoom.

Option 4: You choose.

bag plus 50mm 1.8

You could get the 50mm1.4. Or if you could save a little more, the 100mm 2.8 macro is a great lens and so is the 10-22mm.

Well my birthday is in aguest so I'm getting the 24-70mm f/4L or another zoom then..

It kinda depends what you want to shoot. For me I would say 50mm 1.8 and 430ex (prolly because I own both of them)

If you are in a place where you need a fast lens get the 1.8, if you need macro get a macro.

As for a bag there are some cheap DIY bags you can make (if you look around online I'm sure you can find some) that way you can get some more gear and save money on that side.

The 50mm 1.8 is so basic, I'd say get that for sure. Instead of the canon 430ex flash, try this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E60RU8/ref=wl_it_dp/102-8774412-7587336?ie=UTF8&coliid=IHJ0RMGPHTZNM&colid=26FNT06HL22XF[/ame]

I have it, but I haven't used the canon speedlights, so I can't compare. The sigma flash works as a master, in case you ever get more flashes-- it's basically the equivalent of canon's 580ex for less than the price of the 430ex. And if you don't have one, a good bag is invaluable, though these can be cobbled together inexpensively if you have a sewing machine and skill.. or in lieu of skill, time and patience.

As for what I shoot I like shooting many things. I like shooting macro, still life, action sports (Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, skateboarding) and a bit of nature. I problly wont need a flash so I'll deal with out that but I want a good zoom and I'm going to invest in a good macro in a bit.

The Nissin Di 622 is a good alternative to the 430 for a lot less cash.

Most reactions

Back