How's This?

BunkWild said:
wow thats not the first time ive seen that photo.

originality is one word that comes to mind, try using it next time

If I am not mistaken, a brutally honest critique is requested in this forum, unnecessary rudeness is not.

That said, I really like the shot. However, if it were my shot, I would crop the left portion of the drlynn's hand. Also, it appears to be a bit blown out exposure wise.

Is it trolling when someone posts an obvoius statement to get a rise out of people? I think BulkWild is said person. Just ignore thats what I try to do they go away eventually.

Anyway to more important matters I guess I am just saying what others have said in that for me the focus of the photo should be the babies hand holding the finger whereas I find my eyes continually drawn to the left where the heel(I think, was never good at biology) of the hand seems to overrdie everything.

Other than that I really like it and I don't usually like baby/infant photos.

Well done.
alsoran

Woohoooo!! I had placed this photo in a contest on another site (www.worth1000.com) and it finished 7th out of 62 entries. My best result there to date.

I can't help thinking that a tighter crop and a bit more contrast might have helped place it even a bit higher, but the pics ahead of me were all pretty strong, so I don't know.

Nice picture drlynn and don't let one rude person ruin it. Anyway, I actually like the crop and composition as it is. It think all it's really lacking is more contrast and less exposure. I like seeing the ridge finger print lines on both hands. Darker/deeper ridge lines might give it that extra punch especially in b&w.

Most reactions

Back