HP Photosmart 417 GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

bullitt5561

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an HP Photosmart M417. It seems to take ok pictures but I have a problem with charging it. I have read the directions thoroughly and even had some online tech support. Also tried new batteries. It indicates that it is indeed charging. But, I take about 30 pictures if that and I get a battery warning. Then I can take like 70 more pictures before it shuts off. It almost seems as if I am getting the message falsely. I believe the batteries are charged (they get warm). Really no problem except I have a LOW BATTERY indicator flashing for 70 pictures. What gives? Anyone else have or heard of this?

does it come with batteries or are you using AA rechargables? On my old point and shoot olympus, I had to bring two sets of rechargable batteries if I planned on filling up the 512 card I had, where as a good set of lithiums would be sufficient for the card. the indicator is probably expecting the power from lithium batteries and when sensing the lower power from the rechargables after 30 pictures, gives you the light.

that or its broken lol

Most reactions

Back