HQ dvd slide show

theresav115

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to make a DVD slide show of pictures i took to send to family, i used Picasa, then windows DVD maker to burn the DVD but the pics aren't are clear as I'd like. Is there a special write able DVD to buy? Or any tips / programs to use to get the best quality?

Thanks!!

When you say 'the pictures aren't clear', do you mean that they don't have as much detail on the dvd as on the monitor?

If that is the case, it probably has to do with the output settings for Picasa.
If the pictures aren't output as large as the screen, the computer will try to make them larger and they will look fuzzy.

When you say 'the pictures aren't clear', do you mean that they don't have as much detail on the dvd as on the monitor?

If that is the case, it probably has to do with the output settings for Picasa.
If the pictures aren't output as large as the screen, the computer will try to make them larger and they will look fuzzy.

When i view the slide show, it looks as if, say i'm watching it on a high def channel, and then when i pop it in my dvd, it looks like a non HD channel, ya know what I mean?

when i formatted the DVD settings, i set it for 1080p ...

With Picasa, can you set the resolution of the images sent to Slide show.
That is probably where your problem occurs.

When i view the slide show, it looks as if, say i'm watching it on a high def channel, and then when i pop it in my dvd, it looks like a non HD channel, ya know what I mean?

when i formatted the DVD settings, i set it for 1080p ...

A regular DVD cannot be formatted 1080p, you would need to create a Blueray disk for it to be HD. Regular DVDs are NOT high definition.

Video on a regular DVD will be sized at 640x480 your DVD player then essentially stretches that bigger to fit the 1920x1080 resolution of your TV. That stretching or "up scaling" is why your video does not good. It will not look like an HD channel because the video on the DVD is not HD.

So like I said if you want an HD video you need to make a Blueray disk.

Most reactions

Back