Part of the Andes in Peru

5420255918_99a3fa27aa_b.jpg

5421230179_a259ef3a30_b.jpg

5420404424_c455e87a52_b.jpg

5419689411_c54d2cc37c_b.jpg

5419595597_f983c05569_b.jpg

6. This one is pseudo

5427297896_83e56b7ce6_b.jpg

breathtaking! I hear some dislike HDR but for the life of me I can't see why.

thanks guys

I give up on caring about some hating it. At first it bugged me but at this point oh well.

Wow!!! These are awesome!

I'm so jealous of your skills. I'm currently teaching HDR to myself. Can you share any of your techniques?

I really said it out loud... WOOOOOOOOOOW!

thanks guys

Bynx glad to hear that. My wife likes me posting my pics online so it helps promote Peru. It is a wonderful country and sadly most only know it for machu picchu

Chodie - If you look on the last 2 pages of the hawaii thread in here there is some tips and such on processing
Overall it takes practice. All of us struggled at first with photomatix

I will say a huge part of HDR is the PP work after photomatix. Not saying you have to do a lot, I do most if not all the PP work in LR3 just using the basic sliders, but it takes a bit to know how to get the most out of the small changes

awesome pictures.
i'd hang the second one!

What's up with the water in the first shot? Why is it such a drastically different color than the sky? Why is it so soft while the rest of the picture is so sharp?

I see similar colors in 4 and 5, so maybe it's just really shallow water (parts of Lake Tahoe look that way in places, though night quite that stark), but in 5 the water is still nice and sharp; in 1 it looks more like a long exposure.

Beautiful shots though - 3 and 5 are my favorites.

Thanks guys!

What's up with the water in the first shot? Why is it such a drastically different color than the sky? Why is it so soft while the rest of the picture is so sharp?

I see similar colors in 4 and 5, so maybe it's just really shallow water (parts of Lake Tahoe look that way in places, though night quite that stark), but in 5 the water is still nice and sharp; in 1 it looks more like a long exposure.

Beautiful shots though - 3 and 5 are my favorites.

Number one is both sharp and real. The lake is a glacier lake and you can see the glacier running into it on the far end. Anytime its this close to a glacier you will get unreal colors. The reason it might look soft is because its completely still. It was a calm morning and its in a crater that protects from the wind. The glacier sentiment makes the thick milky appearance of the water and helps with the color.

Here is the 0 exp SOOC of #1
5428753870_c3e33c5f45_b.jpg

Number one is both sharp and real. The lake is a glacier lake and you can see the glacier running into it on the far end. Anytime its this close to a glacier you will get unreal colors. The reason it might look soft is because its completely still. It was a calm morning and its in a crater that protects from the wind. The glacier sentiment makes the thick milky appearance of the water and helps with the color.

Huh... that's a trip. Thanks for sharing. :)

Very good stuff. I really like your use of HDR. And such beautiful scenery! Makes me want to return to Peru and see more than Machu Picchu.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back