Hues and Range

Dave_D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This image was captured on Ilford xp2 400 with a Nikon F4s, Nikkor 35~70mm lens. Settings, f/22 350s on a bright sunny Day.
I had no control of the hues as it came this way from the lab. I think the hues actually came out nice for being random.
My critique request is for the typical "How's the composition?, What do you think of the tonal range?, What do you think of the exposure based on my settings; should I have bracketed one way or the other?" kind of stuff. Please feel free to add in anything else that strikes you about this image.
Now please keep in mind that I will confer with your critiques on range and exposure when I go to print this in the darkroom here. This is merely the cd image copy from the lab in the raw and as I shot it form.
Thanks in advance for your comments and ote.
97300019Medium.jpg

Hi

i dont feel im technically minded enough to pass comment on some of the things you've requested such as bracketing and stuff... but

i think your composition has been done well. The fence leads the eye nicely from the left towards the main subject, the barn.

As for contrast, maybe a tad more but not too much.

i dont mind the sepia effect but it does seem a little flat, i would like to see it a bit more rich in tones. Maybe thats a contrast issue too.

Maybe some one with more experience than me can help with the technical issues for you

I say you captured plenty of detail in the white, in this case. It's easy to underexpose white stuff, but the barn didn't blow out so it works. Good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back