Hummies - New Lens

I sold my modified 1.4x and the 1.7 I have right now is borrowed and not modified.

Back to the photos. Very nice! Thanks for sharing. The info and thoughts on lenses and teleconverters were interesting also.

Fantastic shots!

loved them so much, my day is so much brighter and happier now....... love those hummies and seeing them in your photos is a gift.

Thank you all. I do enjoy taking pictures of these little guys. I kinda have to wait till now to for some pix of these since the leafs are falling... They can't hide as much :) It was so hard to see them in the summer or spring. Tree leafs were too distracting for my taste then...

very nice, yeah, I find many higher end lenses are really good out of the box, but when you add TC's things get off course pretty easily. how well does the OS tuning work with the dock? I've got the dock too, but the only lens I have that I can use it on is the 35 1.4 A, so I don't get to play with OS or zoom af settings and such....I almost bid on a 120-300 sport on ebay, I probably should have it went for like 2400 or 2500 or something like that.

I haven't really played with tuning. I just did a quick tuning indoor with room light. I find the quick focus mode not as good as I would like. If the subject is too small like the hummingbird, it will miss focus a few times. Quick focus mode works well when the subject is larger and with good light. I don't know if the lens have some issue or not, but I found it this morning when I took lens out... It won't focus at all. I have to change the focal range a couple times for the auto focus to kick in and after that, it's all good. Maybe I was just asking too much because I was trying to focus the leaf from far away (about 70 feet away) and my hands weren't as steady. This lens is quite heavy. It will take me a bit to get use too and maybe build a little arm strength along the way :) Oh, I got luck out this morning and found a red-tailed Hawk on the way home. I will post it on another thread.

Wowzer! Those are downright fantastic! Congrats on the new lens!

Thanks Kris. I was eye-ing at this lens for quite sometime. Thanks for answering my questions and pictures to prove it. I am sold. Then I was able to get B&H Photo to drop $300 off on pricematch against another site.

Nice colors and contrast and sharpness, what body are you using?

Im now thinking of trading my 70-200 out for this. Does anyone know if you can mount modified nikon teleconverters to it?

I am using Nikon D7100.

That's an awesome lens! Dang it! I envy you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Buy it :) It's a good lens for now. I will wait to see if the focus issue stops when I first use the camera continues.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back