Humo's Rock Rally

ernie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cyberliquid.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Humo is the biggest "alternative" magazine in Belgium, every two year they have a contest for new and upcoming rock bands. Below are pictures from the third (I think) round of pre-selections. Shooting this was the last and most fun part of a worskhop rock photography I took. Ten euros for three lessons and a concert, can't beat that :)
Anyway, C&C welcome.

#1.
rock-rally_free-zamunda-05.jpg

rock-rally_a-school-of-quiet-02.jpg

rock-rally_free-zamunda-03.jpg

rock-rally_free-zamunda-04.jpg

rock-rally_the-sins-01.jpg

rock-rally_a-school-of-quiet-01.jpg

Whole series can be viewed here: http://www.cyberliquid.com/album/thumbnails.php?album=38

I'd say you definately got your money's worth from that workshop. These are all good! My favorite is #1.

i like the whole series. of what you posted, 5 is my favorite.

what lens were you shooting with?

great shots!

Thanks!

Lens used is Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8. Settings: iso 800 or 1000, aperture 2.8, shutter from 1/120 to 1/160 if I remember correctly.

Excellent work all around. I especially like that second shot. Perfect angle and the lighting is great. This is a really nice set of shots.
thanks. only thing that slightly bothered me with that one is the black spot (speakerbox) in the left bottom corner.

All pictures are awesome!! Something about the compisition of #2 that makes it my favorite. I'm surprised I missed these. Great shots :hail:

All very nice. I would love to get some shots of a concert at some point. These shots make me think of guitar hero (one of my other hobbies that occupies a lot of time!)

Very strong set. 1,2, and 6 are standouts for me. Not sure about the heavy vignette in 3 though. Was that as shot or did you do it post pro.

Great job covering the event and still maintaining the ambient mood!

thanks for all the kind words guys!

Very strong set. 1,2, and 6 are standouts for me. Not sure about the heavy vignette in 3 though. Was that as shot or did you do it post pro.
i did that in post-processing. original photo was kind of boring and "flat" (don't know how to discribe it exactly). anyway, the vignetting added to the photo imho. maybe you like this one better, has a bit lesser vignetting.

rock-rally_free-zamunda-06.jpg

that guy sure could whale on those drums ...

Most reactions

Back