Hunt Club Farm

Juga

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! I am trying my hand at horses. I am pretty pleased with what I was trying to accomplish which was the huge aspect of the farm and worked on some framing. Please provide feedback it would be well appreciated in my process of learning. I know there is more than I should post but they are all part of the set and I like them all. Thanks!
1 $IMG_3056.jpg
2$IMG_3048.jpg
3$IMG_3061.jpg
4$IMG_3062.jpg
5$IMG_3072.jpg
6$IMG_3081.jpg
7$IMG_3082.jpg
8$IMG_3089.jpg

Last edited:
1 and 7 are my favorites for sure. On 1, my only recommendation would have been to change the composition a bit to cut out some of the emptiness on the right third of the frame. I like 7 because I'm a fan of abstract shots like that. You exemplify that you have the mind of a photographer to compose an image like that. You think outside the box. Maybe crop just a little bit off the top and right side, then it completely rocks.

2 has potential, but the sky was blown out to pure white. Try a graduated filter next time to maintain the color. A nice blue sky would have been great with the vivid green grass.

3 and 4 are unfortunately spoiled by the horizontal fence boards and 3 would have been better if the horse was looking up at you.

In both #5's (yep, there's two :D) and #6, the metering was a bit wonky, so you ended up with whites that were over-exposed and shadows that were too dark. Those could maybe be cleaned up in post-processing. For future shots like that, if you could have a friend hold a reflector just off-camera to reflect the sun and lighten the shadowy side of the horses, these would be fantastic. It'd also let you shoot with a lower exposure value to help keep the whites intact.

Overall, they're not too shabby and you're definitely on the right track! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
1 and 7 are my favorites for sure. On 1, my only recommendation would have been to change the composition a bit to cut out some of the emptiness on the right third of the frame. I like 7 because I'm a fan of abstract shots like that. You exemplify that you have the mind of a photographer to compose an image like that. You think outside the box. Maybe crop just a little bit off the top and right side, then it completely rocks.

2 has potential, but the sky was blown out to pure white. Try a graduated filter next time to maintain the color. A nice blue sky would have been great with the vivid green grass.

3 and 4 are unfortunately spoiled by the horizontal fence boards and 3 would have been better if the horse was looking up at you.

In both #5's (yep, there's two :D) and #6, the metering was a bit wonky, so you ended up with whites that were over-exposed and shadows that were too dark. Those could maybe be cleaned up in post-processing. For future shots like that, if you could have a friend hold a reflector just off-camera to reflect the sun and lighten the shadowy side of the horses, these would be fantastic. It'd also let you shoot with a lower exposure value to help keep the whites intact.

Overall, they're not too shabby and you're definitely on the right track! :thumbsup:

This is some great feedback...thank you! Funny story I posted these after a 16 hour work day. My excuse for the two 5s.:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back