Hurricane Sandy's backside (C&C?)

obscure.individual

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i live in New York and my town had the most damage of all the towns in my county. after some of the trees got cleared, i ended up wandering around with my camera and a tripod. seeing nothing very interesting, i got home late and snagged this long exposure of Hurricane Sandy as the last of its clouds passed over.

$image-3541274649.jpg

C&C would be greatly appreciated

There is no indication this is Sandy's "backside" as your title suggests or that it was taken in New York. If the photo was taken today, it's more of a persistent weather trough over the northeastern U.S. rather than the vestiges of Sandy. It might sound technical, but your title and description are misleading.

Your photo is a rather nice but underexposed sunset.

It's a nice picture, but it's a little bit underexposed.

There is no indication this is Sandy's "backside" as your title suggests or that it was taken in New York. If the photo was taken today, it's more of a persistent weather trough over the northeastern U.S. rather than the vestiges of Sandy. It might sound technical, but your title and description are misleading.

Your photo is a rather nice but underexposed sunset.

Hurricane Sandy hit Chappaqua, NY (my town) on October 29th, and this photo was taken on October 30th, as the calmer outer edges of the hurricane passed over. also, this isn't a sunset. the sun is setting around 5:45-ish (daylight savings), and this photo was taken at 6:36 (daylight savings).

but thank you for your compliment

It's a nice picture, but it's a little bit underexposed.

hmm, you both say that its underexposed. i uploaded this photo from my phone, so it probably looks different to me than to you. i've got to look at it on my computer again..

I thought this was a long exposure with your camera and tripod?

I could have sworn you posted this same photo a couple days ago too.......

I thought this was a long exposure with your camera and tripod?

I could have sworn you posted this same photo a couple days ago too.......

it is, i lost power due to Sandy so i emailed it to myself when i was at a friend's house and did the editing on my phone. we got a generator 2 days ago, but i still haven't looked at the edited version on my computer yet.

and i posted this picture along with the original in the Graphics Programs section yesterday, asking a question about how to redo edits done in one program to a picture in Photoshop to the same picture.

Ah, I apologize for my misunderstanding. It is full of fun colors, no matter what the conditions.

Ah, I apologize for my misunderstanding. It is full of fun colors, no matter what the conditions.

its alright, i have posted photos on here that i've taken with my phone which some people thought i took with my camera. and thank you for your kind words!

Most reactions

Back