Hurricane Wilma and the mess it's causing...

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I went to Costco (one of those wholesale mega-markets) to get an eye exam. After 17 years of perfect vision, my eye sight is starting to go...yeah...I'm hating it. Anyway, I get there and I see a huge line out at the gas depot and figure I'll stop and get some gas later...

After I find out my vision is R .75 L 1.00, I head out to the car hoping the line died down a bit. HAHA! I wish...not only had it gotten longer, the closed down one side of the pump station because it ran out of fuel in the underground tank.

Well, there is no way of getting around not having gas...so I throw on some Jackson Browne and James Taylor and get ready for the long wait. Luckily I also had my camera with me so I could document this total mess. After about an hour of waiting...I finally got to the pumping station and filled up in about 5 minutes.

(If the storm is bad enough, we are planning on heading out Friday morning...very early...so that we meet our hotel reservations in Atlanta GA...So, I need gas any way you look at it... :meh: )

Here are the pictures...

The mess when I first enter the line...

A view of what was behind when I got in line...

The pump stations to my left...

Me filling up my already 5/8th full tank...Yes, I know I am part of that ridiculous group of people that make the line longer and fill up when they probably don't need to...but as a Boy Scout...I'll always stand by "Be Prepared". :mrgreen:

The line behind me after about 30 minutes...

Making my way to the pump station...

The Devil. (I keed, I keed)

Random: I spotted this beauty (E90 330i) and figured she was worthy of a snapshot. Man, jet black looks good on that car. :thumbup:

Yep...that was about it. Now the TPF crew had an idea of what my day was like...

If we do evacuate on Friday, I'll surely have another set...it might be a bit longer. ;)

PlasticSpanner said:
Similar to panic buying in the UK! :confused:

Or the only petrol station left in my town on a Friday afternoon!:lol:

I usually fill up after midnight & still have to wait for a pump!

I was thinking about waiting till about 2 AM because I am up that late anyway...but I was there and there is no reason in wasting a trip back and forth. Yeah...everytime I feel badly about our gas prices...I just think of you guys over in the UK...9 dollars a gallon! :x

RadialPrincess said:
I agree... I love that car in black.

*Off-topic*

Yeah...the E90 is starting to grow on me. I am still a diehard for the E30, E36 and E46, though... :D

Cesium - same situation here (Cape Coral).... i'm headed out to find gas in about 10 minutes...good luck with the storm....

SWFLA1 said:
Cesium - same situation here (Cape Coral).... i'm headed out to find gas in about 10 minutes...good luck with the storm....

You too...just make sure you have enough to get where you need to go. I have a few friends up in the Cape that are still recovering from Charlie. Stay safe.:thumbup:

Off topic:

This is the new car that's caught my eye lately: Mercedes CLS500

CLS500C_main.jpg

What's the deal with EVERY car company adopting the sloping back.

Porche designers should be getting a cut for that style.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back