Huuuge showcase. My friend's beautiful daughters.

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in awhile so figured I would, and I figured I would post a lot of pictures because I jip this place a lot :) If you're an ILP member you've seen these I'm sure. I flew down to NC this weekend to visit with a photographer friend. We tortured her beautiful little girls and had a lot of fun, doing the type of stuff I don't do with clients. It was nice to get a break from all the boring Christmas shoots in December.

I used an 85mm 1.2 on these and got at mostly 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8 because I'm a nut.

Thanks for looking!! :)

19-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

16.jpg

2-3.jpg

5copy.jpg

14-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

8. Backlit
carleeandbree14of14copy-1.jpg

carleeandbree13of14copy-1.jpg

10. I found this in the barn. I kind of liked it. Not everyone's cup of tea though.
carleeandbree11of14copy.jpg

carleeandbree10of14copy-1.jpg

12. Sad about the limb chop, but I couldn't resist this moment. I loooove her one eye look. I got a lot of photos with one eye peeking out and it's just so endearing to me.
carleeandbree9of14copy-1.jpg

13. Chicken Coupe... hah
onemore.jpg

carleeandbree6of14copy.jpg

Here's serious. It cracks me up and I think has to by my favorite photo of all. From the little bunched up jeans, to the one eye, to the little wave, it's just perfect to me- although I suppose it is a bit of an outtake. A friend said it reminded her of a horror film.... Hah.
6-2.jpg

16. We let her have a little fun.
9.jpg

17. These feel very WWII to me. I wanted to make them really filmy.
carleeandbree2of14copy.jpg

carleeandbree3of14copy.jpg

carleeandbree4of14copy.jpg

carleeandbree6of14copy.jpg

carlee1small.jpg

12.jpg

8-1.jpg

24. She was very creative with her poses.... ;)
7copy-2.jpg

13.jpg

Awe, Erin those are so sweet! Looks like fun. Guess what? I just got my 85 1.8 the other day and I cannot WAIT for some nice weather to go play in! lol

beautiful shots....wouldnt notice the limb chop in 12 if you cropped off the left side....would make a better comp if you did

dont care for the last shot, only because she looks a bit too old for her age...in a bad way...i think you must be careful with contemporary child images that they dont loose their child like qualities...they grow up so fast!! (i suppose that is more of a mom comment than a photographer...your work is beautiful, but be wary of pushing the boundaries of childhood!)

Thanks guys! Congrats on the 1.8. I'm ready to switch to the 1.2!

Unfortunately I don't think that crop would work on 12! I cropped the heck out of that thing and tried what you said, haha and she just looked armless! :)

16 and 19 are most definatly my favorites. but they are all great shots of a very cute kid!!!

I'm so excited when I saw that you had posted. Your photos are glorious! #14 was my favorite.

I love her look on 14 and 16!!

I have an 85mm 1.8 as well. It's hard because you have to stand so far away from the subject...still playing around!!

How did you do your eyes in PS?

Thanks so much everyone :) I don't touch the eyes at all. These are all very close to SOOCs- just defogs, brightened a tad bit, and sharpened for the web. Also edges were burned but that's about it. I just make sure I get lots of nice light in their eyes and tack sharp focus when I'm shooting.

I have a full frame sensor (the 5d) so the 85mm is a lot more usable- you're not as close. It is easily my favorite lens.

Thanks! :)

I thought you guys might like to see what a SOOC (straight out of the camera) looks like- no editing done what so ever in lightroom OR photoshop (not even sharpened for web).

2zzhsfr.jpg

You truely are an inspiration to me. I am lovin the work so professional. I have a 50mm 1.7 arriving tommorow and on my sony dslr thats like a 70mm so hopefully it will allow me to get similar result but I doubt it haha.

wow, thanks for sharing. Gives me something to aspire...
These are really great. Especially #11 grabs my attention. Not an obvious choice for scenery, but it works very well! :thumbup::thumbup:

pascal

SIMPLY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

I love each and every one but #16 is my favorite.

What beautiful kids.
What beautiful shots.
What beautiful expressions.

Great job...

My question for you. I'm a fan of shallow DOF also..I have a bad (or good) habit of always shooting in 1.8 with my 50mm 1.8 lens and never seem to get the eyes to be tack sharp...what's the secret I'm missing??

That lens works nicely at 2.8 :) Get closer to the subject and keep the subject really far away from the background. That will create a large DOF.

Thanks guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back