HX90V

The maximum distance you can focus is infinity. If you're asking about the minimum focus distance, it's 8.2 feet in all modes except iAuto (then it's 0.16 feet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi
Why in 30x I can not focus on long distances and in 29x or 28 x y es?

I would take a similar picture with the lens zoomed half way out on an object a similar distance. Then on computer enlarge to check focus. Also is there a filter on the end of your lens?

I have not understood your question?
Filter?

I would take a similar picture with the lens zoomed half way out on an object a similar distance. Then on computer enlarge to check focus. Also is there a filter on the end of your lens?
Benhasajeep
Can you explain again tour proposal?
Thanks you

1. Your proposal
It's just a focus test. Take your lens and set on tripod. And at several zoom settings take pictures of the same scene. I would also do it at different aperture settings as well. So maybe 16 pictures in all. 4 different zoom lengths and 4 different aperture settings. Then take the pictures to the computer and zoom in on screne to check the quality of the pictures.

Even the best of lenses, especially zooms, will have "areas" where it's not as sharp as others. Most likely at either end of the zoom range and at largest aperture.

the problem that from a certain distance the lens does not focus on 720mm 30x ... so the samples will be within the distance that if focus ...

I have not understood your question?
Filter?
An inexpensivly made filter will also affect a lens. Was wondering if a filter was on the lens during the poor IQ shots. And if there was a filter. What quaity is it?

I dont use filter
Only un the settings have vivid

to benhasajeep

DSC08516.jpg DSC08517.jpg DSC08515.jpg DSC08514.jpg

Tus day was not the clearest

Last edited:
Just looked at them. Basically that's as good as your lens and sensor combination is. And it's not suprising either. That lens equivalent in 35mm is 24 to 720mm. That is a huge range! Matter of fact there is no 35mm lens thats even close to that range! The biggest range I know of is 18-300mm and they are known to have issues as well. There are some 150mm to 600mm lenses now. But again they are just decent to good lenses. To ask a lens to go from 24 to 720mm and be sharp at every step is asking a lot. If you think about it, how can a camera that cost $450 or so, with a lens with that range. Be as good or better quality wise than a lens with half its range capability, that costs more than 2 1/2 times your entire camera. Now it's also not just the lens either. The sensor on your camera and many compacts that size has a sensor thats very small. I have included an image link that shows the difference between different sensor sizes.

https://images.techhive.com/images/...rlaid_inside_-_updated.svg-100056836-orig.png

Your sensor is the smallest green box. There are 18 million pixels crammed in there. Now if you look at the larger green and gold boxes those are Canon and Nikon Crop sensor sizes with 18 to 24 million pixels. Much less dense. Much less fighting for light between them. Without pictures from another camera same as yours with side by side results. I am not so sure your camera is faulty. I think its producing what should be expected of its sensor size and lens design. To be honnest with you. Considering its sensor and lens, it's doing a pretty good job.

:1247:
Thanks
I will take pictures with this camera
Is not heavy its small and i love the natural colors
Thanks you

Most reactions

Back