Hybrid

midnitejam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a real bird--not a photoshop compilation! CS3 was used for levels and unsharp mask only. The bird has a duck's head, beak, and neck. It has a goose's body, feathers, and colors.

Does it Quack? Or does it Honk?
original.jpg

Wow, very nice capture!

Possible crop on the top and right side of the image to focus attention on the unusual bird.

Nice job, though!

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

This creature has orange legs, orange feet, orange bill and white head like the white ducks. But it hangs with the geese at this pond. The pond is home to mallard ducks, white ducks, geese, and gulls. I was fascinated by it.

Here's another snapshot for comparison of the duckgoose with the other ducks and geese

Wow. I didn't know this was possible in nature.
We know about Zedonks and mules and liger's but duckgeese? But you see something new every day! Thank you for showing us, too!!!
The question in my head remains how Mr Goose and Mrs Duck (or vice versa) could fall in love and make this nest full of eggs with potential "gucks", erm "deese", erm ... whatever. And how many of them survived their being hybrids? It sure is a very interesting phenomenon.

neat shot. i wonder what a duck-goose tastes like.

The question in my head remains how Mr Goose and Mrs Duck (or vice versa) could fall in love and make this nest full of eggs with potential "gucks", erm "deese", erm ... whatever. And how many of them survived their being hybrids? It sure is a very interesting phenomenon.

I've pondered this question, too. Being from the farm, I can offer this bit of knowlege....
Unlike ducks, geese pair bond for life. If a male goose's mate gets executed for dinner, caught by a fox, or if he just wasn't successful in the fight to win the last remaining available miss goose, he will bond with anything left on the farm. It's not strange to see a male goose pair bonded with a horse, a cow, goat or sheep---even a human. when such pair bonding occurs, the goose is a constant companion (every minute of the day/night)

I've pondered this question, too. Being from the farm, I can offer this bit of knowlege....
Unlike ducks, geese pair bond for life. If a male goose's mate gets executed for dinner, caught by a fox, or if he just wasn't successful in the fight to win the last remaining available miss goose, he will bond with anything left on the farm. It's not strange to see a male goose pair bonded with a horse, a cow, goat or sheep---even a human. when such pair bonding occurs, the goose is a constant companion (every minute of the day/night)

But this is a civil union not a real marriage, right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back