I am a Beginner to Photography

Wired

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok well I am starting over on photography. I used to be pretty into it but never got really that good. I have taken a few photographs but still pretty basic. You can see a few of them here... http://ths-acid.deviantart.com/gallery/ So any and all critism is welcome. I am using this camera at the moment http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-locale=en_US&pq-path=6547 So I think that is a good beginners camera. Also does anyone know by any chance if there are any certain lens for the camera I have, like for landscape shots and such?

Also I am wondering how its possible to get these kind of colors... http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9152628/ http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45322976/ and http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31049327/ Did all of those people get the colors from editing in photoshop or did they get them from the camera they have? And if they get them from photoshop could some direct me to a tutorial on how to do that kind of stuff please. Thanks in advance and I am sorry if I am asking to many questions

Those photos look a lot like HDR photographs. That's where you take several identical photos with different exposures and then merge them into one. There should be loads of tutorials on the net if you search for HDR.

Oh ok, thank you for the help. I am searching for that stuff now.

Right now I think you are limited by you current equipment. I looked at your site and think the images you are showing there are pretty good but to try and replicate some of the images you have refrenced thie first step would be to get a fast wide-angle lens.

Ok thanks! But any chance you know how much that costs? Or what kind? I am very to new to photography so dont laugh :p

no-one here will laugh at you my friend :) everyone here is great, at least they have been to me. i think what he means is that the camera itself is whats limiting you. Iv'e searched all over and all that i can find for attachments for your camera is a 55mm wide angle that doesnt seem hardly worth the money you would spend on it. you take very good shots in my opinion. I was at the same point you were at with my camera last month and i finally realized that my limit was beyond that of the camera's limit, so i got a better camera and now im trying to increase my limits and im still no-where near the camera's limits :p (canon xti)

Ok I see what you are saying. But now the question is what camera should I get? I have really no knowledge of camera's. So could someone tell me a relatively low cost camera that is good for a beginner around my level.

if you could tell us what budget you have- that would be very helpful. and also what kind of photography you'd like to do. but otherwise, i'd suggest you: nikon d40, canon 350d, pentax k100d, etc..

i'd also suggest you go to a local store and feel them all in your hand and see which one fits the best for you... because you wouldn't want to get something that doesn't feel comfortable and be stuck with it.. cause this will affect your pictures as you'll always be thinking about this little body that fits bad in your hand ;)

for lenses(the most important part), i can't tell you anything right now as i don't know yet what type of photography you'll want to make with your camera.

Hello,;)

I was hoping to find some direction on where to go from here, basically I've always loved photography and the feel of the camera in my hands ready to shoot and for along time I considered taking it up full time but I went in a different direction at that time and all these years I've regretted not taking the chance when I had it. But now all these years later my feelings about photography haven't changed if anything I've come to love it more, the only difference between then and now is that my mobility is a factor and in question. Several years back I was in an accident which left me with little to no feeling below the waste and unable to use my legs but as luck would have it I was spared with full use of my upper body which has proved to be a valuable asset. So what I would like to know is how could someone in a situation like mine get a break into the field of photography without already being counted out of the game because of the wheelchair that they're forced to be dependant upon. So I guess what I'm asking is do you or anyone know someone that I could contact who could help me. I can't even begin to tell you how much this means to me.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

P.S.
Does anyone know of any photographers that are in wheelchairs? Thank you again.
Alphonse...

Hello,;)

I was hoping to find some direction on where to go from here, basically I've always loved photography and the feel of the camera in my hands ready to shoot and for along time I considered taking it up full time but I went in a different direction at that time and all these years I've regretted not taking the chance when I had it. But now all these years later my feelings about photography haven't changed if anything I've come to love it more, the only difference between then and now is that my mobility is a factor and in question. Several years back I was in an accident which left me with little to no feeling below the waste and unable to use my legs but as luck would have it I was spared with full use of my upper body which has proved to be a valuable asset. So what I would like to know is how could someone in a situation like mine get a break into the field of photography without already being counted out of the game because of the wheelchair that they're forced to be dependant upon. So I guess what I'm asking is do you or anyone know someone that I could contact who could help me. I can't even begin to tell you how much this means to me.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

P.S.
Does anyone know of any photographers that are in wheelchairs? Thank you again.
Alphonse...
Simple forum ettiquite would suggest that you start your own thread and not hijack the one that is already in progress. Just thought I would put a bug in your ear for future reference.

I have a Kodak P880, similar to you Z740, and like it very much. My only complaint is that it's a noisy chip above ISO 100. My Schnieder lens is actually better than any Canon zoom lens I've used! Unless you're going into professional photography, I would suggest you max out your skills with the Kodak you have rather than drop some big bucks into a new system right now. Your camera has manual control, a good macro lens and good zoom ratio. I would keep it until you KNOW you missed a picture due to the camera's shortcomings, not your own.

I have a Kodak P880, similar to you Z740, and like it very much. My only complaint is that it's a noisy chip above ISO 100. My Schnieder lens is actually better than any Canon zoom lens I've used! Unless you're going into professional photography, I would suggest you max out your skills with the Kodak you have rather than drop some big bucks into a new system right now. Your camera has manual control, a good macro lens and good zoom ratio. I would keep it until you KNOW you missed a picture due to the camera's shortcomings, not your own.

Ok that realy help. Thank Man :) I guess that is what I will do :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back