I AM FRICKEN TIRED.

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was up till 1:00 AM last night doing work... and now I'm doing more work now.

My normal work has gotten absolutely mental lately. We've aquired... 2...? No 3! 3 companies in the past few months. The largest is like "Ok, here's this huge company! We're gonna transition everything off of their IT infrastructure and onto ours and shut their old stuff down... by January!"

Yeah, right. I've been in this business a long time, and I've seen a LOT more than most of my compatriots because I haven't worked at one place for 15+ years like the bulk of them... I KNOW that there is NO WAY that's gonna happen.

And guess who's gonna own all that stuff? My organization. Me. :lol: FUN!

Not to mention I've recently earned the reputation of being "the guy you give stuff to when it's "being horribly managed and is a train wreck on fire, because he'll put the fire out, get the train back on the tracks, and put a turbo on it to boot." (that's a quote... and not mine)

Which means I have two MAJOR catastrophes that I am managing back onto the tracks WHILE I'm dealing with this merger stuff. Thank god I have a couple managers working for me so I can kind of set them on the merger... but they're a bit inexperienced. Great guys, but they need a lot of guidance on this stuff.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ok, back to work... :lol:

Work 16 hours a day for $12 an hour. Then come and complain to me about being tired :D

1 am? What time do you get up in the morning? 4:30-5 am? It's completely useless to mention the working until 1 am when you don't state when you get up. I work until around 9-10 pm, then get some time to myself and go to bed around midnight. Then I wake up at 4:30-5 am to start my day the following morning.

Haha, yeah. I sympathize. I'm running on fumes right now - I went to bed at 6:15am and woke up at 8:00am, two nights in a row. However, that mostly self imposed...

Work 16 hours a day for $12 an hour. Then come and complain to me about being tired :D

1 am? What time do you get up in the morning? 4:30-5 am? It's completely useless to mention the working until 1 am when you don't state when you get up. I work until around 9-10 pm, then get some time to myself and go to bed around midnight. Then I wake up at 4:30-5 am to start my day the following morning.

Haha, yeah. I sympathize. I'm running on fumes right now - I went to bed at 6:15am and woke up at 8:00am, two nights in a row. However, that mostly self imposed...

haha, ok both of you have it worse off... I got up at 6. In truth, I oversimplified... I really went to bed at 1:47 AM. :D

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the exhausting day I have, but I'm guessing you guys may have it more rough than me... what do you guys do for a living?

It's 5am. I've been awake since 2am. I got 4 hours sleep. In 13 and a half hours I start a 48 hour 2000 mile drive.

Eep.

^^^ oof. You win. :lol:

It's 5am. I've been awake since 2am. I got 4 hours sleep. In 13 and a half hours I start a 48 hour 2000 mile drive.
Eep.
41 mph? Drive faster. My brother drove from PA to Texas in 21 hours. He drove non-stop because he had a pickup truck loaded up with his stuff from mom's house and didn't want to leave it out in a parking lot while he stopped to eat or whatever.

What do I do for a living? I sit on the computer all day at work surfing TPF :D.

Nah, I make a foam plastics material for steam molding. I basically make all our material from raw material to finished product (only about 3-4 processes) working in the R&D department. We just happen to have equipment down for the last few weeks in repair, which is finally back up and I have to test it, so, gotta run.

But first, after work, I also spend all night working on the house. When you don't make much of a paycheck, you don't pay someone else to work on the house. You do it yourself, which takes 10x as long to do. I do make a good bit more than the $12 in my example, but that is what most people are making around here and they are also working 12 hour shifts.

Probably cant beat y'al, but I work my warehouse managers job from 8am to 5pm dealing with pickleheads.
Im up at 5am, to get the dog out, and get ready for my hour drive to that job.
At 5pm, I get in my car, and eat my dinner while driving to my second job at a haunted house, that begins at 6 to midnight. I get a 15 minute break, but can not break character. Even tho the job is amazing, the continues crowds, the traumatizing soundtrack of dungeon music(we wear ear plugs) and people taking swings at you can be a challenge. By the time I clock out there, it is an hour home, and I get to sleep around 1ish. The good news...I only have the second job till the second weekend in november. :lol::p:lol:

...people taking a swing at you?

The fact that you wear ear plugs is interesting. I would think you'd just tune the soundtrack out after a while???

...people taking a swing at you?

The fact that you wear ear plugs is interesting. I would think you'd just tune the soundtrack out after a while???
Some of the people I talked to who worked last years haunt, had been hit several times. There are arseholes in this world that like to go to these things and cause trouble. They think that cause you are dressed up , you are not a human under that. Some times it is just a reaction to a scare. This year we have people "watching" us. They are dressed in black,and are behind curtains, keeping an eye out on the big scares, just in case we get attacked.
In one of the mazes last year, a "guest" thought it would be funny to grab a fire extinguisher and spray yellow dust over everyone. :er:
The sound system is very loud and there are speakers throughout the maze. There are also motion triggered props that flop and air canons that can be very loud. It is not really music we are listening to , but a constant ...."sound" It is a cross between a saw, moaning, screams, chains...stuff you would hear in a torture room...turned up to "11" :lol::lol:

^^^ wow. :lol:

And here I always thought "Man, it would be fun to work one of those places." It probably is, but it's totally one of those situations where you don't even think of the down points (or just the tough parts) and are more focused on the fun.

Years back very good friends of my parents setup a place down here in Massachusetts called "Spooky World". It was one of those kinds of places (though artistically I think the dude lost his mind... he had clowns making balloon animals keeping people in line entertained, as an example). Anyway, my mom went to work for them... it was a TON of work. Like full time 18 hours a day absolutely exhausting work. I was amazed.

I try to block the downside out. Even when we do our own, there are always threats. Last year I had a guy try to stab me with a stick in my back, and had to have him banned. He was just some over anxious kid who wanted to be scared, but was pissed, cause I scared his friend. :er:
It is a lot of fun, probably one of the coolest things ya can do and get paid for it. Playing the role of a character, and freaking the crap out of people is great, but yeah, there is always one moron.
We did have to go through some training stuff, if for some reason a guest gets out of hand, and we have to "break character" There was a girl who works in the maze Im in who worked it last year, and she got clocked...by a guy. Nice huh. :er:

Sheesh, you all have my sympathies. I worked like two hours last month, and maybe 4 the month before.

Sheesh, you all have my sympathies. I worked like two hours last month, and maybe 4 the month before.
You sound like a workaholic, thats not healthy:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back