I am new. Need your help.

inspire-me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of this?

983322079_2brqh-L-1.jpg

I think it's a nice enough photo of an attractive young lady. I think it might have been better with a slightly different, more softly focused background, and I think perhaps a more relaxed expression on her face (she looks a little strained right now).

Thank you for your help.

i think that when someone is facing a certain direction, you have to leave a bit more space there to make the composition nice. in this case, the crop on the left is too tight. Yeah, shooting a lower f/ stop would definitely help with the background.

My suggestion is that if you want CC shoot a few one that you think it's good and post it all in one thread. 5 or 6 max. If you need to update you can do it within the thread if it's not a few days old. I know you're trying to get help but I think it's better to keep it in one thread for people who might not come on here everyday see all of your work and compare to give an honest opinion.

f/ 3.5 is the lowest my camera will go and 100 ISO. I can't do anything about the shutter speed. Not too many settings on my camera. I still think that I can learn alot from shooting with it though. (before I dive into an expensive one).

Raian-san, I understand about putting several shots in a post. However, I don't see a huge difference. I am not looking for comment on my work as a whole. I am looking for individual photo advice. It helps when I edit another pic since I do not know what editing to do. I have had no classes. This is my first photography other than everyday mugshots. The comments have also helped me with what to delete and not even put on here. I just put a photo on here to try it out and see if the shots I did were a total flop.

Thank you all for your advice on the photos. I appreciate it. It will definetely help when I shoot again. As for you others, who just like to comment rudely and say nothing about the photo, it would be wise to keep silent. You probably don't know the whole story.

Good. Seems a bit contrasty, oversaturated in the green and in need of less tree and more to the left of the frame but good none the less.

Thank you so much. Good advice. This will really help when I shoot again.

It looks like she might be squinting a little? Your subject needs to be in comfortable light.

Also the dark clothing creates an exposure problem - when everything else is properly exposed, the dark clothing loses all detail. (When photographing a very dark-skinned subject, it's reversed - white shirts can then be a problem.)

Yes, I agree. It does look like there is a slight squint which is producing a little strained smile possibly. Thanks for the input.

i think that when someone is facing a certain direction, you have to leave a bit more space there to make the composition nice. in this case, the crop on the left is too tight. Yeah, shooting a lower f/ stop would definitely help with the background.

Yes!

This is all good advice.

In addition, what would have helped this the most is a longer focal lenght (zoom in). It will help with your background issues.

Second is the lighting. Turn that flash off. It has really flattened the light on her face.

The short sleeves are doing nothing good.

Pretty girl! Good expression.

-Pete

Most reactions

Back