I am new to the forum.

dragonfist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Douglas Clarke and I have lived all my life in Western, New York except for four years in Naval Service. I got back into photography about 4 years ago. Of late I have found my interest gravitating to the older film cameras of the type that were common in my younger years i.e. the 1940's and 50's. Not the kind that professionals used but more of the type the average family had to take pictures on vacations and special occasions. I think this was brought on mainly because I do a lot of family history and those old photos from back then are so interesting. They weren't made with the sharpest of lenses or the fanciest of shutters but they did preserve a lot of memories. I live about 20 miles from what is left of Eastman Kodak and of course George Eastman is the man that gave working folks an opportunity to save memories. I am not into the artistic side of photography so much as the preservation of memories with interesting photographs. I hope I can find a kindred spirit or two on this forum.:D:D

Welcome!

Having started with digital, I look forward to working with film in the future. Recently was given my mom's old Canon SLR which is more intimidating to me than the electronic counterparts with a million buttons.

Good luck with your shooting!

Most reactions

Back