I am very new at photography and would like to pursue the hobby.

HadaJeSuis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This summer, I thought I'd pursue something I've always been fascinated by, and that something happens to be photography.

I don't know if I'm considerably good at this or not, but it's a hobby I'd like to pursue:

http://splotchedmalarky.deviantart.com/gallery/

Please be honest and give good critiques so I can better develop my skills. Thank you.

You do not have to be good in order to enjoy photography. However, one would hope that you can learn and begin to show progress as you have the experience.

The link suggests that you are at a starting point with potential. You can learn by doing it on your on, but it helps to participate in a club or group or to take a class if you can. Classes are great for helping you find direction and for helping you see what you missed...bot the good and the bad...in you photos.

There are some good books with helpful guidance. Sometimes it helps to work around a central theme or subject and challenge yourself to accomplish a particular challenge or goal.

Certainly, there are lots of people here who can help with suggestions.

Rusty Tripod

You show talent in some of those shots. You have an "edge" that if you continue to develop will create some killer shots. Keep up the good work!

Why thank you, Rusty_Tripod and heip. I really do appreciate the input, and indeed, I'll look into some clubs which could possibly help me harbor new skills.

It is really nice to see someone declaring openly he/she's new to photography, wants to pursue it, and doesn't mind critical analysis of his/her photographs. Its nice to meet you ! :)

You know, photography in Greek means "writing with light". You script your stories with light and present it to the world. Always remember, unless you are inclined to some special forms of photography like Abstract or Pattern Photography, you will always need a strong storyline for your photographs to be powerful.

There are really too many "tips & regulations" that you must know before you have not good but great photographs... and one way of accomplishing that is in fact to look at great photographs.

Let me know what kind of photography you want to do and I shall tell you names of a couple of my colleagues in that field. When you look at their photos, you will find your creative horizon widening at every step !

I wish you all the best for this. Come visit my site if you like (www.turboshots.net).

By the way, the photographs present in the link which you posted - have they been all shot by you ? If yes, I must tell you, you have caliber within you & will be a great shooter one day. Will comment on the shots when you confirm they are all yours ! :)

Most reactions

Back