I bought a guitar...

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
I took a couple self ports of myself and threw this together...

nunocomposite.jpg

Doug Raflik

Might I ask what you intend to do with that photo?

Just use it on my MySpace page I guess. I had my lights set up to do another shoot for a client and I figured I would take some of me and my guitar while my stuff was up. Why do you ask?

Doug

no reason...just curious.

this is not on topic in the slightest... are you really a nuts about weather?

This is off topic too, but I never looked at your website until now. Those storm and weather pics are just absolutely un-f'in-believable! Have you sold any prints of those? What is your secret, just long exposures and a really sharp lens?

Btw, I think the guitar collage is great, although I think the web size pic could be a little sharper. Nice job though. :)

NJ

my degree is in meteorology so i get really excited to see weather photography!!!!!!!

http://www.wxnut.net/storm8.htm

that picture is absolutely amazing! the supercell that has the tornado is so low topped! and is that a second cell behind it developing? the tilt on it is crazy intense.

did you photoshop those storms together or was that taken in real time? the rest of the pictures are amazing too, but this one really captures me!

my degree is in meteorology so i get really excited to see weather photography!!!!!!!

http://www.wxnut.net/storm8.htm

that picture is absolutely amazing! the supercell that has the tornado is so low topped! and is that a second cell behind it developing? the tilt on it is crazy intense.

did you photoshop those storms together or was that taken in real time? the rest of the pictures are amazing too, but this one really captures me!

Actually the main storm tower goes up to the anvil. Thats just new growth / back building closest to the camera. The only photoshopping is to adjust contrast and such. I was pretty excited when I got that. I knew it was something special.

Doug Raflik

This is off topic too, but I never looked at your website until now. Those storm and weather pics are just absolutely un-f'in-believable! Have you sold any prints of those? What is your secret, just long exposures and a really sharp lens?

Pretty much. I have a rough formula for lightning photography. I have sold some stuff here and there but just enough to help pay for the gas that it takes to travel the country looking for storms like that.

Btw, I think the guitar collage is great, although I think the web size pic could be a little sharper. Nice job though. :)

NJ

What do you mean the web sized pic? Maybe its not sharp cause I added some Gaussian blur to myself. Plus I blurred the outside of me after I cut and pasted it.

Doug Raflik

What do you mean the web sized pic? Maybe its not sharp cause I added some Gaussian blur to myself. Plus I blurred the outside of me after I cut and pasted it.

What I meant was, did you add the gaussian blur on the original and then resize for web, or add gaussian after resizing for web? I always sharpen after I resize for web so that it tightens the image up nicely. I was just curious what your process was for web viewing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back