I bought a Sigma Lens

thinkricky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D3000... Recently got a Sigma 28-70mm f2.8. I was told it is an autofocus BUT under the focus mode I cannot select autofocus it is set to MF and it is grayed out and unselectable. Any ideas?

The 24-70 f/2.8 will focus on the entry level Nikon's. The 28-70 will not. It is an auto focus lens, but it does not have the AF motor in body

NVM... I found out its not compatible.

The 24-70 f/2.8 will focus on the entry level Nikon's. The 28-70 will not. It is an auto focus lens, but it does not have the AF motor in body

So, what do I do? Shoot manual? Or get a new camera/lens? I have no other options at this point right?

So, what do I do? Shoot manual? Or get a new camera/lens? I have no other options at this point right?
I am sorry! You don't really have any options besides to return it, sell it or upgrade the camera/lens.

My first DSLR was a Nikon D40X which did not have a focusing motor and at the time I thought it would not be that much of a big deal. I then went to a D80 then a D7000. Even though other lens manufactures are making lenses with built in focusing motors I don't want a camera body without a lens focusing motor. The HSM Sigma lenses and BIM Tamron lenses have built in motors.

Jerry

Some versions of the 24-70mm sigma won't af on your camera as well. Unfortunately the different lens makers make it hard to tell which lenses have a motor in them because they all use different designations:

Nikon = AF-S
Sigma = HSM
Tamron = BIM

Most reactions

Back