I bought a Speedlite!

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got a 430ex from B&H...should be here in a couple days!

I have SO much to learn now! :confused:

Well, you have a couple days to start reading the strobist site. ;) :D
Congrats on getting a flash!

I already have been. :) I still feel like its SO over my head, but I know I will get it eventually. I wish I had one of you guys here to show me some things, hands on!

I think the next thing Im going to get is a grip to balance out my little camera and a big flash (big to me, at least. :) )

I wish I had one of you guys here to show me some things, hands on!

Youtube is your friend. ;)

Do a search for flash or how to use a flash or basic flash or flash basics or camera flash and get ready to watch.

Take notes of things you like, save the URL of the videos you want to watch again and learn to your heart's content. You will see how quickly the strobist stuff becomes bread and butter to you and easier to take in.

Don't forget to work on your basics. Be comfortable with ISO, aperture and shutter speed and it will come together faster.

If you want to turn pro, you have to know this stuff as good as you know your A-B-C's, becuase thats basically all it is. :)

I think the next thing Im going to get is a grip to balance out my little camera and a big flash (big to me, at least. :) )

Why would you need a grip for the flash?... from what i know this kind of flashes can function on batteries of his own.. so you can buy some rechargeable batteries and a recharger and you are set :)

Why would you need a grip for the flash?... from what i know this kind of flashes can function on batteries of his own.. so you can buy some rechargeable batteries and a recharger and you are set :)

It's not about the batteries it's about comfort. Some cameras can feel really top heavy after you attach a flash.

yeah...to balance it. :)

Since the BEST place for a flash is off camera... what's to balance? ;)

Its just an excuse to get the grip...haha...at least thats what I tell my husband ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back