I bought this for my GF HELP! ;)

rjw123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I really know nothing about cameras.... I have a girlfriend who loves to take pictures and is just about to graduate hs, She takes photo classes and wants a DSLR BAD!

I have looked for a while and finally purchased this one, (CANON EOS DIGITAL REBEL DSLR) Just wondering if i got a good deal and any experiences you have had with this camera? Also is it a good choice for a beginning DSLR user with minimal experience? I tried hard and am hoping she will be pleased, but none of my friends as well as myself know a thing when it comes to cameras!

Check the link to see the ebay auction and how much i paid, Thanks for all feedback and happy holidays!

CLICK ME IM THE LINK!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You did a fine job, and your girlfriend will learn lots on that camera.

I'm going to have to say you paid a bit more than I would have...especially since it's used...but that's ok...what's done is done.

Next time perhaps come our way before you buy it lol.

ANyways. Yes. She'll probably love it...and she can do any photographic technique her heart so desires almost with that camera. Seems like you know what you're doin when it comes to gifts, my friend. Congrats.

well that does have the lens... and the fact they took a shot of the body with out the body cap on it makes me wanna cry (i can only imagine the amount of dust in the carpet).

but yes you did good, your girlfriend will be happy.

thanks for the positive responses...i appreciate it, cant wait for the 25th hah:wink:

When you get it, make sure you clean the outside a bit. Then take it to a camera store and have them clean the inside. It might not have seen heavy use...but it'll be dirty since it's been handled and opened a few times.

k will do thanks,

soo its not good to take the lens off AKA opening it?

Just wondering....

thanks!

k will do thanks,

soo its not good to take the lens off AKA opening it?

Just wondering....

thanks!

its never a good idea. Dust and particles can get inside the body and find their way to the sensor which show up as little black dots in your pictures. Its easy enough to clean up the pictures in photoshop but it is best to take proper care of your equipment in the first place.

its never a good idea. Dust and particles can get inside the body and find their way to the sensor which show up as little black dots in your pictures. Its easy enough to clean up the pictures in photoshop but it is best to take proper care of your equipment in the first place.

I don't know if I would word it that way. You do have to take the lenses off to change them it is just good to know and understand the proper handling and maintenance of a DSLR. It just something your GF will need to KNOW. I would never rely on photoshop for my dust it is only when I notice it on some photos the camera gets cleaned properly then I fix just those photo so I do not have an extra step in my work flow.

You are a good boyfriend. I want to get my girlfriend the same camera. I don't have enough this Christmas, but maybe for graduation or our next aniversary....

I don't know if I would word it that way. You do have to take the lenses off to change them it is just good to know and understand the proper handling and maintenance of a DSLR. I would never rely on photoshop for my dust it is only when I notice it on some photos the camera gets cleaned properly then I fix just those photo so I do not have an extra step in my work flow.

I should have been clearer in my response. When I take a lens off I make sure that I either have another lens or the body cap ready to put on so the least amount of dust gets into the body. If you swap lenses then there will always be some dust that gets into the body, thats just the way it goes. Photoshop is a last resort. I try and make sure that my sensor is as clean as possible so I don't need to waste time in the edit. I have PJ friends that never clean their sensor and rely solely on fixing any blemishes in post:confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back