I can see clearly now...

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a Mac and I'm amazed how much nicer the monitor is. Everything on my PC looks dull and gray compared to the Mac. We'll see if what they say is true...Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!!:mrgreen:

I have been thinking about getting a mac. My pc sucks.

*in before 20 page Mac vs PC arguement*

Mac/PC/Android checking in :)

There is no difference between the PC and a Mac except for the operating system. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

After having 4 pc laptops in 4 years I bought my first Mac. That was 3 years ago and it's still in perfect working order. Best service, best quality. I'll never plan to buy a PC again.

Except MAC screen is shiny. Hard to see if the color is good or not.

Schwettylens said:
Except MAC screen is shiny. Hard to see if the color is good or not.

Yeah. I calibrate the monitor and then I lower the brightness to 30% when I'm editing photos. I got some test handout color matching cards from the local photo lab and I compared with the screen. It looked good to me so I made some proof prints and they matched the screen. I'm not sure if is the right way to do it. But I like the result. I like it bright when I'm
Watching video and I lower the brightness to about 30 percent to edit the photos.

Last edited:
gerardo2068 said:
Yeah. I calibrate the monitor and then I lower the brightness to 30% when I'm editing photos. I got some test handout color matching cards from the local photo lab and I compared with the screen. It looked good to me so I made some proof prints and they matched the screen. I'm not sure if is the right way to do it. But I like the result. I like it bright when I'm
Watching video and I lower the brightness to about 30 percent to edit the photos.

I didn't think you were suppose to touch your brightness after calibration? Isn't the whole point to calibrate it for editing?

Well I don't know. But I calibrate to 120 luminance but I also read that for printing it should be 80. I don't know, I learn from online and by trial and error. I have also read that for LCD it's recommend 120. So for LCD 120 would be good during everyday use but when printing the photos tent to turn out dark because editing at normal brightness I assume it's bright enough. I edit at that lower brightness level and the prints match the monitor. Can someone explain to me some more. Thanks.

OOOPS...Not my intention to start the whole PC vs. Mac debate. I had a piece 'o crap PC and the monitor sucked. I didn't realize how much of a difference until I had them side by side. I'm just excited to have a nicer computer. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back