I cant decide on A camera, HELP

Narcissa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey. Im new to photography. My dad has a Canon D3000, and I have tried my hand at it. I want to Buy a prosumer camera. I did a little market research.. and I shortlisted three cameras, but I cant make up mind which one to buy.
please help me decide between Nikon P500, Sony DSC HX100v and a SONY NEX3. I am utterly befuddled. please help me decide. its beautiful weather, the beginning of autumn in my city and Im missing out on amazing shots.

I have used the Sony Nex3, it is pretty good, very small, it is great for street photography! It much better than lugging around a big DSLR

You see thats why Im confused. When I was doing research, I found many people recommended the SONY HX100v over the Nex3. I Have no clue on how to decide.

Oops! Canon doesn't make a D3000, but Nikon does.

Some years ago Canon made a 300D.

The big difference between the HX100 and the NEX3, is the size of the sensor. The NEX series cameras look to have APS-C sized sensors, the same size that is in most DSLR cameras. The HX100 is a 'bridge' camera and like 99% of bridge cameras, it has a tiny sensor.

Personally, I'd double check which camera model your dad has, and then get a similar model DSLR camera. That way, you will be able to share lenses etc.

Big Mike is totally right, I know that glass is really expensive and if some how you can share it will really help you financially.

Well. You guys are right but you know One cant drag the whole slr kit everywhere everytime. thats why im looking for something that clicks great pictures, offers a decent optical zoom and shutter speed, but is easier to manage.

Well. You guys are right but you know One cant drag the whole slr kit everywhere everytime.

i do. its not that bad. its part of learning. always bring your equipment

Did your dad have any good canon lens to go with that camera that you could use on another camera? Do your friends do photography and have lenses you could borrow? If you do, buy the same brand as your friend.

Sony also has the new a77 out which I hear is pretty bad ass and kit with a 16-50mm f2.8 is only about $1500.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back