I can't stand it no more!

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been without a camera for 2 months now and it's driving me crazy! :grumpy:

After much thought and rationalizing I am going to take the plunge and get a 20d camera. I called all the camera shops yesterday in Thunder Bay and only future shop had 1 instock :shock: I am using a lou day up tomorrow (Thursday) and driving 3 1/2 hours to go get it.

All they have instock is a camera with the kit lens :angry1: I have to order in other lenses, but I just got to have a camera :crazy:

It was a close call between choosing the new digital rebel and the 20D. The way I see is, since I am forever climbing on slippery logs, rocks, bad weather, falling in ditches late in the evening the digital rebel 's plastic body may not stand up to it. Yep thats my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

Yea Gads, more software to learn, will it ever end? :confused: :D

Cruzin said:
I have been without a camera for 2 months now and it's driving me crazy! :grumpy:

Jeez man, thats rough!

Take the 3 1/2 hour drive in - phone them first and ask them to charge the battery - then take your time on the way out, and get some bonding done ;)

Congratulations! I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about the D20, especially the high ISO performance.

As for the tutorials, Dr. Browns is a very friendly teacher. :)

Cheers!

tempra said:
Jeez man, thats rough!

Take the 3 1/2 hour drive in - phone them first and ask them to charge the battery - then take your time on the way out, and get some bonding done ;)

Haha, that is a great idea indeed.

Gratz Cruzin! Tis a fine camera. Order a 50mm f/1.8 asap.

Good for you...I'm getting pretty close to snapping and buying a 20D as well. I'm jealous.

Thanks all.

Tempra, I should have posted earlier, I am leaving at 7:00am no, chance to call them. Wish I had though of that.

Good link danalec! Much appreaciated. :thumbup:

Digital Matt said:
Haha, that is a great idea indeed.

Gratz Cruzin! Tis a fine camera. Order a 50mm f/1.8 asap.

My thoughts exactly. The camera will put me waaaay over budget but the 50mm is a must have. I will have some dicipline and what a bit before purchasing a decent zoom lens, Eating kraft dinner , peanut butter and jam for a few months does not sound to appealing :puke-rig:

Cruzin said:
The way I see is, since I am forever climbing on slippery logs, rocks, bad weather, falling in ditches late in the evening the digital rebel 's plastic body may not stand up to it.

That was just one of my deciding factors when I bought my 10D and alas the tragic day DID come, twice :pale: But I am very pleased to say to body is fine with only 1 very minor scratch and still works great. Although it did seem like the shutter was quieter before :scratch: I'm probably just hyper-critical of it now knowing it has been dropped :(

Good choice on the 20D you'll love it and be forever sucked into the proverbial DSLR financial black hole :wink:

D70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k - let us know what you think and how it feels! i wish i had researched a bit more before purchasing, but being nikon fan for 25 years i couldn't bring myself around to breaking the mold. im hearing and seeing i should have every day.

congrats cruzin!

congrats Cruzin... damn.. 2 months without a cam... almost a hell

Canon Fan said:
Good choice on the 20D you'll love it and be forever sucked into the proverbial DSLR financial black hole :wink:
I believe you :lol:

This is Freaken unbelievable!

I drove to ThunderBay, went into Future Shop, when I walked to the sales counter an older couple were purchasing the camera :shock: What are the odds! When I called Future shop earlier and asked what the likley hood of someone purchasing it before I left, the sales person said " the camera had been sitting on the shelf for months". Damn, if only I hadn't of stopped for breakfast.

It makes me wonder if someone didn't read my post earlier and beat me to the purchase :scratch:

I had read an articule were a scientist had proved that normaly all things happend in clusters, so I figured with this uncanny luck I have to purchase a lottery ticket, and I did :)

I ended up going to their competition and talking with the sales person I had phoned earlier. This guy had really wanted to sell me a camera and had promised to loan me a digital rebel till the d20 came in so I took him up on the offer. Appears the the body is in stock but there is a back order on the 50mm lenses, ah well at least I have a camera now.

Several years ago I had a business that went under, which almost put me under, hence no credit card. I don't know if anyone else is working with strictly cash, but it sucks big time in this day and age.

I agree that it sucks not having a credit card...

Being casual, It takes a LONG time to get ANYTHING! I am still saving for the DRebel...

For the amount of money I have raised in my Leukaemia Quest - they give me a cheque for $350. I am anticipating getting $700 back at tax time. I will be putting both of these towards getting a DRebel (the old kind - 300d). Or maybe by then the 350 will have dropped.

I was hoping to have my 300d by the time I went to New Zealand. But unfortunately - it ain't gonna happen! (I leave next friday - april 1st).

*seriously considering running to the bank and applying for a credit card*... But I don't want to pay off a car AND a camera!

Oh well... my tax return will hopefully go into my bank in July!

Heh :shock: somebody else bought it at the same time you arrived! :shock: When you win with that lottery ticket (or get struck by lightning whichever comes first :p ) be sure to let us know!

The only plastic I have says PayPal on it in big letters :blushing:

Right now I don't even have a checking account. Just a savings acct and my PayPal. Works good enough for now ;)

Yeah what happened to the good old day when you could say hold that for me and they would without having you deposit your soul.

When in doubt... put yourself in debt. "This message brought to you by money lenders everywhere."

Good luck with the D20.

Most reactions

Back