I can't wait!

dsd-13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here I was, in my classroom looking at some Konica C35 rangefinders. One of the thriftstores I visit had one, I was looking for a decent film camera to try the medium for the first time. The C35 looks decent enough for $10

A teacher walked in while I was searching through photos. He asked if I was interested in film cameras and I said "Yes" of course, with a big smile on my face. "I have a Praktika at the moment but it doesn't work."

The old man raised a brow, he then told me that he might still have a Pentax camera with a few lenses stashed away somewhere. My mouth fell open and my eyes shot stars. Friet -His name- asked if I would like to have the kit that he used a looOONG time ago.

I accepted his KiNd offer of course (duh?) and so he left, biking back home at the moment to search for the kit that he used in his late teens.

I am super excited at the moment! I calculated his age and the camera has to be from the 60's if he bought it in his teens. So as my title, I can't wait to see what he has gotten me (; this is going to be GREAT.

Hey there ^^ so I've recieved the gear.

It didnt end up to be Pentax but it is still a nice upgrade from what I used to own.

Camera: Exakta RTL1000 with a TTL metering prism.

Lenses: Meyer Görlitz Oreston F1.8 - F16 50mm;
Prinzgalaxy F5.8 - F22 300mm w/ mount converter.

Flash: Metz 45 CT-1

Mount converter: Exakta mount to 42mm screw mount.

Filter: 49mm Aroma UV haze filter.

The 1 second shutterspeed might be off by around 0.2 so that's not too bad.

I tried to put my M42 PETRI lens (which I love to bits by the way) on my Exakta by using the mount converter. Most seems to be blurry though, any ideas why? the converter doesn't have glass.

All in all, everything is in a nice conditon.

An Exacta with a Meyer Gorlitz?! wow, how nice was that for him to give it to you!

I don't use converters or adapters so I don't know why that isn't working, but I hope you enjoy the new camera. And the Konica if you got or have one, I have an Auto S2. Great story!

I just bought 3 rolls of film and a px625 battery. alkaline, not the perfect choice I know, not accurate. But the cheapest one.

A thriftstore is selling expired kodak gold film, for 0,50$ a piece I would guess, nice experiment?

expired Kodak gold is high grain city! I got some for free and after shooting two rolls, I turned the other three into key chains

Hello again! I've put 3 rolls through it by now. The camera and lens are working as they should be. The clickly aperture ring moves at every step. All speeds seem to work within a 0.1 second tolerance. There are no light leaks. I see no light bleeding into unexposed or already exposed film. The shutter never stuck on me.

The TTL light meter... I'm not sure about this one, I have to set it to ASA 50 or so when shooting ASA 200 film. I used my digital camera in a controlled enviroment to find the compensation that I need. But it still acts a bit weird outside, giving values that I think wont be right. So I am mostly using my smartphone with a light meter app.

Maybe I can try 10 pictures or so with the TTL light meter, to see if it really works or not. I am just using a normal cell battery, not one of those fancy or special tricks that offer a very balanced output. Would ordering one of those special cells be worth it? I heard that they only work for a month or two before it runs out of power. The smartphone's light meter yields fine results.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back