I could definately use some help

aec2003

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I own a film Canon Rebel Ti for about 3 1/2 years now, but sadly enough it hasn't gotten that much use. I've never had a photography course and it got expensive to mess with pictures in film because you obviously had to get them developed whereas a digital you can see on your computer. I also own two lenses that I believe are Sigma lenses. One is a 18-50 (I think) & the other is 50-300 (I think). My set is actually at home right now and I am at college, so I do not know the exact details of it. From what I've read though, these lenses can be used on most digital cameras, right? Also, where should I look at buying a camera? I've been looking at maybe a Canon Rebel XT, which I almost just bought at infinitiphoto.com or cameracity.com but I found out that they are both scam sites. Since I'm in college, I do not have a lot of extra cash, so I was hoping to just buy a body since I already have two lenses and can add on later, but the bodies that I've found start at around $700? Any ideas? Thanks!

I've been researching some more... anyone know if Pentax cameras work with Sigma lenses? Also, does anyone own a Pentax and could recommend it or let me know if they do not like it? Thanks!

aec2003 said:
I've been researching some more... anyone know if Pentax cameras work with Sigma lenses? Also, does anyone own a Pentax and could recommend it or let me know if they do not like it? Thanks!
You can't compare just brand name vs brand name to know compatability. It's about the mount types, and you can get adapters for those if need be.

The Ti is an EF mount I believe, so your sigma lenses are EF, unless they came with an adapter. The Pentax camera is more than likely not an EF mount type.

aec2003 said:
anyone know if Pentax cameras work with Sigma lenses?

If the Sigma lens has a Pentax K-mount, then yes. If the Sigma lens is for a Nikon, Canon, etc... then no.

you can get a rebel xt body at bhphotovideo.com for around $600 now after the xti came out. I ran into a problem with a used sigma lens i got online it was an EF mount but the chip was too old to work with my camera and too old to be rechipped. So when you get home i suggest calling sigma (you can find the number on their site) or emailing them exactly the lens you have and ask about the compatibility

Most reactions

Back