I decided to try black and white.... I think I'm in love.

Were these shot with the 20mm as well? I really want to get a wider angle lens but am having a hard time finding one, realizing that I have the spotmatic, not the K1000. and lenses seem to be difficult to find. where is a good place to look?

Try keh.com

Timor, I love seeing all your pictures in this thread! We don't get to see your work very often :)
:lol: My scans suck. It is pointless for me to scan negatives for purpose of presenting shots here, as for me the neg is just a middle of the work, like here:
$S_chart3.jpg$S_chart4.jpg
Scan from the negative is not the picture I want it to be. :D It is just preparation.

Last edited:
It makes sense - I don't wet print, so any adjustments I make are done on the scans of the negatives, so it's easier to present those here. But yes, scans of prints just aren't the same as the prints themselves.

But it's still nice to see the rare picture from you :)

Were these shot with the 20mm as well? I really want to get a wider angle lens but am having a hard time finding one, realizing that I have the spotmatic, not the K1000. and lenses seem to be difficult to find. where is a good place to look?
Yes, all the pictures you see here are made with ultra wide angle lens; 19 or 20 mm. My basic lens is Mamiya Sekor 20/4 or ViVitar Series 1 19-35. Sekor is a M42 mount, same like Spotmatic, Vivitar is in Minolta SR (manual focus, not A, AF, mount). Find first the lens and then look for matching body, as body is easier to get.

It makes sense - I don't wet print, so any adjustments I make are done on the scans of the negatives, so it's easier to present those here. But yes, scans of prints just aren't the same as the prints themselves.

But it's still nice to see the rare picture from you :)
:D How you can see, I am in "crazy" cityscape photography. I am afraid, that my ideas will draw a lot of fire from "by the book" photographers. I just try to convey, what I feel about the subject, not how I see the subject. :D

The cat and the stairwell really work for me, but the cat's the winner. I like the curve of the furniture with the curve of the cat's back, and the table/chair legs in the BG. Just enough focus so that you know what they are, but not so much that it's distracting.

The cat and the stairwell really work for me, but the cat's the winner. I like the curve of the furniture with the curve of the cat's back, and the table/chair legs in the BG. Just enough focus so that you know what they are, but not so much that it's distracting.

Thank you. I like both of those the most as well. I think I want to get the stairwell printed. But I'm not sure what kind of print I should do.

Most reactions

Back