Untitled by Dani41780, on Flickr

Last edited:
Why do babies these days have flowers growing out of their heads?

Ditch the darn flower thing. Lol. Don't mind me... just ranting with my mouth closed.

Please number your photos so we can more easily respond. Especially when you put so many of them in one thread.

#4 is my favorite. Partly because of the baby's great expression and partly because, his eyes being somewhat closed, you couldn't over PP them.

hello :)
I am sorry I think its just one of those crazy things that is going on right now. Hehe I actually took those for a friend that sells them and I promised to take some photos with it on. :)

I am sorry i can # them and I'll post less next time for CC :).

(I would like to note I didn't touch the eyes during editing). :)

what is the red channel luminance value in the facial skin highlights is the brighter shots? They look blown out in at least the red channel to to me.

Catch light positioning seems to also be an issue.

She looks a little green in #2.

She does look green didn't notice until you said something.
I just started using LR and I will be honest I still don't have the best grip on it. I need to do some more reading.
The ones that look blown out to you do they look over exposed, does the last one look ok? I am trying to find a balance I tend to over expose a lot.

OH and catch lights I noticed that too, they are on the bottom left end are they suppose to be at the top right?

I might tend to over sharpen the whole photo which causes that look? I don't know because I don't touch them when I process.

Why do babies these days have flowers growing out of their heads?

Ditch the darn flower thing. Lol. Don't mind me... just ranting with my mouth closed.

Didn't you know it is the thing to do these days. I have a 19 year old daughter and all of her friends that have little girls always have the big flowers on their kids head and if it is not a flower they have some kind of big bow like the pic below

205581_192944047409022_150257215011039_414187_5704566_n.jpg

See I think they are cute but some are over done and to big.. and they can be used to much. I shouldn't have done every single pose with it on.

Baby is cute, but for me the pictures just dont do it... they all look overexposed for some reason, the skin tone is blown on a number of photos and personally I like contrast, lots of contrast.

Thanks everyone for all the honest CC. I have a lot to go off of for the next time I pick up my camera :).

She does look green didn't notice until you said something.
I just started using LR and I will be honest I still don't have the best grip on it. I need to do some more reading.
The ones that look blown out to you do they look over exposed, does the last one look ok? I am trying to find a balance I tend to over expose a lot.
Yes, they are overexposed. By the way, though your profile says it's OK for us to edit your photos, we can't, because your Flickr settings don't allow download of the photos.

CS5 Camera Raw and Lightroom 3 use the same edit rendering engine - ACR 6, so I recommend: Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5 for learning how to use the editing feature of Lightroom 3.

and because sharpening is such a complex subject, I also recommend: Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm sorry I need to readjust my flickr settings.

Most reactions

Back