I did it! I'm thrilled! (several pictures)

Wonderful shots. Great capture of something the general public rarely see up close in stop action. My fav is #4 "Okie Bronson"... The dirt flying, the pose of the dogs body, and having the greyhound in the far left of the picture. Makes my eyes "want" to know the next sequences.

I also like # 5 of "Flying Symphony". Great shot capturing the sheer power a greyhound can generate.

My only composition suggestion is in regards to the first few. My eyes wanted to see either a close up portrait of the dog's head or the see the whole dog framed ( head to toe ).

sweet shots! Great freeze frame with the dirt in the air and the dogs in full stride!

Is that a dead cat they're chasing? I thought they usually chased a wooden rabbit, not a dead animal :lmao:

Matty-Bass said:
Is that a dead cat they're chasing? I thought they usually chased a wooden rabbit, not a dead animal :lmao:

Looks like a gigantic plush bone to me. One of my schnauzer's favourite toys (Except I have a feeling he would be about half the speed of this gorgeous greyhounds)

EscapeTurn - Do your greyhounds race in these as well or are they retired?

Rob said:
Yep it's a touch of purple fringing. It's most likely that it's caused by the lens at that length being wide open. It can also be caused by jpg resizing, but not usually that distinctive. Doesn't really detract from the pictures and you only notice it if you're a pedant like me! :)

That's really interesting. Could you explain that further? I can't really see it.

Peanuts said:
Matty-Bass said:
Looks like a gigantic plush bone to me.

Yep! It's a huge stuffed bone! At some tracks they have a stuffed rabbit. The lure is called "Rusty."

Peanuts said:
EscapeTurn - Do your greyhounds race in these as well or are they retired?

My two are retired. One just had no interest in chasing the lure, so they knew she'd prefer the life of a pet and retired her at 18 months old. My other one, my boy, raced in '03, '04, and Jan '05 until he hurt his leg. He loves living at home, but I'm convince that if he could, he'd go back to racing. He loves it. That's another reason racing greyhounds are so fascinating for me to watch. I can just imagine him running and having the time of his life. They both take their retirement seriously now and sleep all day long! :lmao:

Well done ! Much better than your last series. Try panning next trip out. Some of these shots would look awesome with alittle motion to them.

Great action shots!!

very cool shots, real intense

Most reactions

New Topics

Back